Every day, Imagine Communications is delivering billions of media moments all over the world - anywhere, anytime and on any device. Imagine Communications delivers innovative, end-to-end media software and networking solutions to over 3,000 customers in more than 185 countries, including the top broadcast facilities and the most technologically advanced sports and live-event venues.
Imagine Communications Corp. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, ancestry, protected veteran status, genetics and any other protected group status or non-job related characteristics as directed by law.
Specific duties include but are not limited to
Imagine's Support Teams support the next generation technologies that deliver video to millions of viewers worldwide over the Internet, satellite, terrestrial and cable networks. Our Targeted Delivery products may be behind the video you will watch tonight whether it is delivered through your favorite Internet streaming service or through a set-top box. We work on a wide range of video products leveraging an even wider set of technologies and tools. We are a passionate and collaborative group of engineers who take pride in the products we make and have fun doing so.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer with 1-3 years experience in a technical support role. Must be able to work independently and have strong prioritization skills. This position will be located in our Denver office. Working knowledge of the television origination and distribution industry, including OTT video would be helpful.
* Diagnose, analyze and resolve issues on mission=critical complex solutions. Identify and document service related issues and create associated BUG documentation. Convey severity of issues and prioritize for the support and dev teams.
* Work with a professional team of support engineers supporting next-generation technology in video distribution and DAI.
* Foster and maintain strong technical relationships with key decision makers across all business units.
* Interface between Product Line Management, Customer Support Team, Sales and Customer to define requirements.
* Identify and document service related issues and create associated BUG documentation.
* Work with a professional team of support engineers supporting next-generation technology on video production, storage delivery.
* Diagnose, analyze, debug and resolve issues on mission-critical complex solutions.
* Assist our customer with their solution design as they expand their operations.
* Engage in customer meetings and empower our customers and our service staff by adopting a knowledge-centric approach to problem-solving
* Create and deliver knowledge content (white papers) contributing to the external/internal knowledge system.
* 1-3 years of experience in a customer facing technical role providing customer-facing technical/engineering support in a software or hosted IT services environment.
* Technical degree or equivalent work experience.
* Expertise in administration of Linux enterprise system or equivalent skills.
* Expertise in administration of enterprise class IP network or equivalent skills.
* Excellent written and communication skills.
* Understanding of network and storage protocols and technologies.
* Experience with Service Orientated Architecture (SOA).
* Knowledge in web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints.
* Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to supporting software that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities.
Preferred Additional Skills:
Experience in one or more of the following will make you stand out from the crowd:
* Expertise in video compression and transport technology such as over-the-top media distribution, including DASH and HLS protocols.
* Cloud deployment technologies and frameworks including Docker, VMWare, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
* Knowledge of web services and related high-level APIs.
* Knowledge of network and relational database administration.
* Knowledge of and experience with Linux and OS X systems and environments.
* Experience with MySQL, FTP, UNIX, Windows Server Environments, AD/LDAP.
* Knowledge of Java and J2EE technologies such as JSP, JSF, Servlets and Hibernate, Web Services: REST and SOAP, and XML, XSLT.
* Strong troubleshooting skills.
* Cisco certification (CCNA/CCNP) or equivalent skill set.
* Expertise in using AWS, Azure and/or other cloud software deployment systems.
Imagine Communications offers an engaging team-oriented environment and a competitive compensation/benefits package.
About Imagine Communications
Imagine Communications provides digital video processing and edge multiplexing solutions.