Every day, Imagine Communications is delivering billions of media moments all over the world - anywhere, anytime and on any device. Imagine Communications delivers innovative, end-to-end media software and networking solutions to over 3,000 customers in more than 185 countries, including the top broadcast facilities and the most technologically advanced sports and live-event venues.
Imagine Communications Corp. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, ancestry, protected veteran status, genetics and any other protected group status or non-job related characteristics as directed by law.
Specific duties include but are not limited to
As an Infrastructure Engineer in the Infrastructure Operations Group, you will primarily work with internal partners and customers to deliver smooth operating infrastructure and help define tactical and strategic solutions.
* General InfraOps
* Assist in the development and deployment of infrastructure solutions to support both internal and customer facing projects and products
* Deploy, maintain, and control physical/virtual infrastructure and support systems within Cloud Service Providers and on-prem facilities
* Perform routine and security related software updates to on-prem and CSP based infrastructure
* Control and maintain other 3rd party SaaS solutions (e.g. O365, SSO solutions, monitoring providers, etc.) including integration compents
* Assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation (SOPs, HOWTOs, diagrams, etc.) for all forms of infrastructure, support systems, and processes
* Work closely with development, application support, and project management teams in the delivery of internal and customer impacting projects and solutions
* Provide primary infrastructure troubleshooting support to internal and customer facings support teams
* Work as part of an equitable on-call rotation
* 7+ years experience working in modern, operations focused infrastructure environments
* Exceptional candidate may require less experience
* Approaching senior level knowledge in multiple infrastructure disciplines (no one-trick ponies)
* System administration, AWS, Azure, Storage, DB, Networking, Security, ServiceOps, etc.
* Solid experience working in both Microsoft and Linux/Unix ecosystems
* Significant time working in at least one major CSP (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
* Experienced with on-prem to cloud integrations and migrations
* Intermediate level knowledge of both general and security related networking - must include understanding of cloud environments
* Solid understanding of automation and one or more primary scripting languages
* Have embraced change control as a way of working
* Strong knowledge of monitoring, alerting, telemetry, shared services architecture, and how these enable support and operations organizations
* Words like InfluxDB, Prometheus, Statsd, Telegraf, Collectd, Kafka, etc. are not foreign to you
* Must be adept at moving tactically while always thinking strategically - in challenging and fluid environments
* Solid understanding of general SDLC as relates to infrastructure, devops, and agile like workflows
* Excellent communicator - must be capable of communicating highly technical topics in both written and spoken English
Imagine Communications offers an engaging team-oriented culture and a competitive compensation/benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/D/V
About Imagine Communications
Imagine Communications provides digital video processing and edge multiplexing solutions.