Our mission. As the world's number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team. We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As a Technical Product Manager at Indeed, you will take ownership of one or more products that require technical expertise to manage effectively (e.g., a service, API, library or platform product). That means you, not the VP of Product or the CEO, will define the future of your product and what your team should work on. You will be empowered to set ambitious goals for your product and team. Your goals will not be easy to achieve; they should inspire and motivate the team to think big. You will not be compensated based on whether you deliver product features, but whether you have delivered significant business impact.
You will constantly create hypotheses for improving your product, test them, and learn from the results (see: http://go.indeed.com/data-driven). Our product development philosophy is similar to the Lean Startup philosophy. You will create MVPs, prototypes, incremental rollouts and simple tests to validate ideas and iterate rapidly.
You will sit with your development team and work closely with them on a daily basis. You will define requirements, measure KPIs, track experiments and frequently ship releases. You will do data analysis, whether it's running queries in MySQL, searching through logs, or using the plethora of in-house tools specially built for the colossal amount of data Indeed gathers (see: http://go.indeed.com/indeed-imhotep).
You will enjoy a casual work environment, flexible hours, and great compensation and benefits. You will wear many hats and constantly learn new things on the job. You will be surrounded by smart, dedicated, nice people. You will be proud of the company's mission and your product's impact.
On your first day, we will give you a t-shirt that says, "I help people get jobs." Soon after, you will be wearing your shirt at the grocery store and someone will come up and say, "I love Indeed! I found my job on Indeed. Thank you!" You will smile for the rest of the day. This will happen a lot.
You're someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. Your friends describe you as thorough, analytical and detail-oriented. You are someone with high standards who leads by example, and who will take pride in Indeed like we do.
You've got a technical background, and are comfortable slinging some code to solve a problem. You understand how software development teams work, and how engineers think. Most of all, you love solving hard technical challenges to make a difference in the lives of other people, whether they be job seekers, employers or your fellow Indeedians.
There are dozens of teams and challenges that we work on in the Austin office. Current teams with openings for Technical Product Managers in Austin include:
* Engineering Automation - Build the infrastructure, testing, and integration tools that enable engineers to deliver high-quality products at high velocity.
* DevOps - own the tools that eng teams use to deploy and manage running services for 200 million monthly users across the world.
* SMB Hiring Platform - own the platform behind Indeed's hosted jobs solution, and increase the speed, flexibility and reliability of Indeed's dominant employer-facing product.
* Search Quality Infrastructure and Metadata - owning the refinement and optimization of all of Indeed's logging and data collection systems. Converting important raw data into easily digestible form that is accessible and updatable in near real time.
* Job Seeker API - Develop APIs for Indeed's Job Seeker products so that Indeed's mobile and web clients, as well as 3rd parties, can use them to deliver value to job seekers and employers.
We will work with you to find the area that fits your skills and passions.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field, or equivalent experience.
* 4+ years of consumer or enterprise internet software product management experience.
* Ability to drive, contribute to, and communicate solutions to technical product challenges.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
* Ability to write code for automation, data analysis, or prototyping product features
* Technical understanding of large distributed systems
* Outstanding data analysis skills.
* Proven leadership skills.
* Ability to make data-driven business decisions.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is a provider of an employment-related search engine for job listings.