Epsilon Systems Solutions
Epsilon Systems Partners is seeking a contingent full time Systems Support Specialist in San Diego, CA.
Summary: Assists with workstations, printers, desk phones, and company provided mobile phone questions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Represents the Information Technology team when interacting with our customer and workforce.
* Provides support for all Information Technology products and services.
* Answers questions, troubleshooting assistance, problem resolution, teaching or instructing others regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy.
* Determines the most effective manner to resolve personnels technical issue.
* Engages in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues.
* Consults with full time staff when necessary.
* Resolves support related issues independently but may escalate complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate Information Technology team members for resolution.
* Verifies that suggested solutions effectively resolve the users' problems through verbal or email follow up.
* Provides assistance for personal computers, mini/mainframe computers, client servers, LANs, WANs, and web pages.
* Associates Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
* Minimum 1 year experience providing workstation support for 500+ users required
* Ability to provide after-hours support on a rotational "on-call" basis and to work "off-hours" as needed
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance
* Ability to learn quickly and work independently
* Experience with Windows 7 & 10 Workstations required
* Experience with hardware repair (break-fix) and configuration/installation required
* Experience in Wireless network support
* Knowledge of LAN/WAN networking is required
* Knowledge of or experience with the following listed systems
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and above, Active Directory and other related software
* Knowledge of Windows 7/10, Office 2010 and above and various other applications for installation and support
* Knowledge of Administrative skills for Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office, Sophos Antivirus
* Knowledge of Ethernet, cabling, hubs/switches, network protocols, printers, and multimedia presentation technologies support
* Excellent customer service/problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* MCSE/MCSA certification
* Certifications: Microsoft MTA, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+
* Experience with SMS, Active Directory and/or Group Policy
* Previous experience supporting a large call center environment
* Experience in a Tier 1/Tier 2 Help Desk or call center
* Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
* Noise conditions range from very quiet to very noisy.
* Prolonged use of computer (typing/keyboarding).
* Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, and may occasionally lift and move at least 25 pounds.
* Ability to travel by car, air or other means of transportation.
Epsilon Systems Partners is proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.
About Epsilon Systems Solutions
Epsilon Systems Solutions is a provider of life cycle support to defense systems.