Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech's Air Force and Space Division is recruiting highly talented candidates to support a contract that provides "cradle to grave" support to the United States Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Launch Systems Enterprise Directorate's - National Security Space Launch (NSSL) program.
We assist the Air Force by supporting a multitude of areas, including Systems Engineering & Integration, Acquisition & Program Management Support, Mission Integration Management, System Safety & Environmental Engineering, Systems Security & Information Assurance, Launch Schedule and Risk Management, Certification of New Entrant Launch Vehicles.
ManTech is seeking a talented and creative Systems Engineer for its El Segundo office. The successful candidate will provide overall general support to a variety of tasks in support of systems engineering processes for the US Air Force Launch Enterprise Directorate.
* General system engineering tasks for major launch systems, including systems architecture, requirements, interfaces, systems engineering processes
* Creation of major program documents, such as Systems Engineering Plans. Provides configuration control, review, and comment and coordination of changes with stakeholders.
* Develop systems requirements, SysML modeling, system interface specifications and establishing program baseline
* Supports systems engineering processes (e.g. Systems Engineering, configuration management, data management) and review boards (e.g. CCB, TRB, Chief Engineers council) for the Launch Enterprise Directorate at Los Angeles Air Force Base.
* Supports systems engineering processes (e.g. Systems Engineering, configuration management, data management, data architecture,) and review boards (e.g. CCB, TRB, Chief Engineers council). May mentor and train others on Systems Engineering processes.
* Involved with program integration such as organizing integrated product team meetings, systems reviews, and interagency discussions and documentation.
* Minimum, of a BS degree, from accredited college or university; an engineering degree strongly desired, with experience focused in systems engineering, MBSE/SysML or Aerospace systems & 5 years of qualified experience.
* Proficient in Systems Engineering processes and methods as applied to systems at AF Space and Missile Systems Center Launch Vehicle programs, Launch Ground Systems design and methods, architecture and configuration, including interfaces between launch, ground and range systems
* Combination of professional registration, OCSMP certification desired, and experience within the related specialty area desirable. Directly related work experience and years of experience may be substituted for degree.
* Requires demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and effective decision-making.
* Applicant will also be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work with others in a team setting, and proficiency with MS Office products to include Project, PowerPoint and collaborative software products such as MS SharePoint.
* Occasional travel in the CONUS is required.
* Ability to understand data deliverables and reports and provide assessments and risk recommendations.
* Secret Clearance is required.
* U.S. Citizenship is required.
* Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, effective decision-making, and successful collaboration with multiple departments, organizations and personnel, plus excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated competency in Microsoft tools including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Information Technology (IT) systems and SharePoint-type databases.
* At least 6 years experience with USAF Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) systems engineering requirements and processes preferred.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
About ManTech International
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies, consulting services and solutions for mission-critical national security programs.