Amazon Web Services is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need world class people to help us implement and operate them.
We provide organizations with building block web services that allow them to innovate faster and operate their software more cost-effectively. These services-in-the-cloud include on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, querying of structured data, message queuing, and more.
The AWS Identity & Access team is building and delivering the next generation of cloud computing security that supports the public AWS offerings like S3, EC2, and CloudFront. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable distributed security systems involving identity management, federation, web services security, single sign-on, and much more. We enable our customers to control some of the most sensitive secrets on the Internet.
We have high standards for our computer systems as well as our employees: our systems are highly secure, highly reliable, highly available, and must function at massive scale; our employees are super smart, driven to serve customers, and fun to work with. The successful Support Engineer does much more than plug computers together or track changes. They are instrumental in deploying, operating, and scaling a massive always-on distributed system that is core to all of AWS. We are looking for a seasoned Support Engineer to join our energetic, fast-moving and passionate team.
What will I do?
* Run and maintain a 24x7 Internet-oriented production environment, across multiple data centers, involving hundreds of machines
* Participate in all phases of the development of a large distributed system; providing hardware, manageability, operability and performance perspectives on all aspects of the system
* Invent bold and radical new approaches to automate maintenance tasks, reporting systems, system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools
* Delve into a customer issue, or investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, turning customers into raving fans.
* Configure new machines and perform various system maintenance tasks
* Design and execute production acceptance tests and new hardware evaluations including producing, maintaining, and evolving capacity plans for various components, refining hardware requirements and selected designs, balancing raw up-front dollar cost with operability and TCO
What's in it for me?
* An opportunity to consult with, and gain knowledge from the top engineers at Amazon about our innovative products and other public AWS offerings like S3, EC2, and CloudFront
* You will become an expert in the latest cloud computing technologies and get to play with the latest services and features before they are launched.
If you're interested in learning more about this role and others that are similar, please join AWS recruiters at our next virtual open house: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/AWS/s/4LoBX/next?utm_medium=Career+Sites&utm_source=External+Postings
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.