10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There's a dynamic energy here, and we're looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are seeking a highly driven individual to help deepen 10x's leadership in the development of technologies that transform how biology is studied and understood. The right individual will be able to understand multiple facets of 10x's product and application areas at a deep technical level to identify valuable additions to the technical roadmap, improving 10x's products or facilitating entry into adjacent markets.
You likely think of yourself as a technical individual that has also built some meaningful business savvy. A successful candidate likely has a Ph.D. from a biology-, biochemistry-, genetics-, or bioengineering- related program, some subsequent technical experience, and a relatively current view of the state of technology in their area of expertise. The individual must also possess excellent intuition for the business case of opportunities, ideally as evidenced by some time spent as a product manager, in investing, in consulting, as an entrepreneur, or other significant experience that developed a keen sense of the correct balance between pragmatism, breadth, and depth in considering an opportunity and strategy development. The right candidate will be able to build strong relationships with multiple internal and external partners, collaborating internally with comparable ease across R&D, marketing, finance, and legal, and demonstrating diplomacy and excellent character as an ambassador of the 10x brand externally.
* Identify insights related to external technological developments, and lead approaches utilizing those insights to their logical conclusion (e.g. M&A, partnership establishment, change to R&D roadmap) in partnership with internal and external stakeholders
* Contribute to and lead internal strategy development work to define technology scouting priorities
* Contribute to building systems and processes that source, triage, and make efficient decisions on how to act on technology developments
* Establish and maintain relationships with key individuals and organizations that operate at the leading edge of technology development
* Ph.D. in a science or engineering field with extensive exposure to life sciences / life science tools, plus 2+ years of post-degree technical experience in industry or a postdoctoral program. Alternatively, masters degree in the same fields, with 6+ years of technical post-degree experience.
* Deep technical expertise / application knowledge in fields related to some of 10X Genomics' current product offerings or application areas (e.g. epigenomics assays and workflows, high-throughput cell partitioning techniques, molecular biology, assay development, etc.).
* Evidence of skills in business/product strategy and analysis (i.e. entrepreneurship, startup challenge participation, consulting, product management experience).
* Strong executive presence with internal and external stakeholders, and ability to lead work across cross-functional teams, typically through influence rather than reporting authority.
* Candidates of a similar profile but with less experience on some of these dimensions may be considered at the "Strategy Associate" level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
or submit your resume at http://www.10xgenomics.com/careers/
About 10X Genomics
10X Genomics provides an innovative genomics platform.