10X Genomics is looking for engineers to provide the best possible experience to our customers. Software is an essential component to the 10X Solutions. We are looking for motivated and talented engineers to continue to raise the bar on software quality. Our team supports linux HPC applications, electron desktop applications, web development, and advanced scientific instrument software and firmware. The team supports a wide array of disciplines. We need technical experts to drill down into the details of software, test automation and computational biology, as well as generalists who can bridge the various domains. No one individual is an expert in all of these areas - we're building a diverse and collaborative team to meet the needs of our customers.
Software Engineer in Test - Computational Biology
You will be responsible for designing and developing tests and associated software tools to ensure the best possible customer experience. You will identify, generate, and evaluate data and metrics for testing our computational biology pipelines. You will work closely with software engineers and scientists to identify requirements and develop test plans and test cases for new and existing products. You will identify possible edge cases outside normal usage and develop tests to ensure support of a broader range of data. You will work with software support to help resolve customer issues.
* Plan design, develop, and automate test plans against software releases.
* Work with software engineers and computational biologists to develop tests, define test metrics and troubleshoot/resolve issues.
* Report test issues and results in a consistent and timely manner.
* Support troubleshooting of customer issues.
* Test installations over a range of operating systems.
Desired Skills and Background
* BS/MS in computer science, bioinformatics, or equivalent.
* 2+ years bioinformatics development/testing or equivalent.
* Working knowledge of Python, Bash, Linux, and Git.
* Experience in bioinformatics applications and DNA sequencing.
* Experience in designing and developing validation, verification, and regression tests is a plus.
* Experience with issue tracking systems (Jira).
* Experience in Go, C/C++, R and Node.js are pluses.
* Experience with continuous integration systems (Bamboo, Jenkins, Travis) is a plus.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There's a dynamic energy here, and we're looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
About 10X Genomics
10X Genomics is a life science technology company building products to interrogate, understand, and master biology to advance human health.