The Alexa Experience team is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to lead technical investigation, design and delivery of solutions that drive consumer engagement. Our mission is to set customers free to do more in life by pioneering the global customer experiences for Alexa. We measure, interpret and understand customers' experiences and identify gaps and opportunities in them to enable experimentation and improve engagement. We are looking for a Sr. TPM to work on cross-Alexa initiatives that improve the way in which we drive engagement. This is a highly visible role working closely with the General Manager of the US Alexa business and leaders across the Experience team. We are a new team within Alexa Experience with an evolving charter and are looking for a versatile and seasoned TPM that understands how disruptive innovations require cognitive flexibility to solve ambiguous and complex problems.
Our team is global in nature and responsible for driving consumer engagement and improving Alexa's end-to-end customer experience. As a seasoned technical program manager, you will utilize your skills driving efficiency in the design and delivery of new technical solutions that impact Alexa's data pipeline and core experience solutions. If you're interested in a start-up like experience within Alexa, and enjoy the challenge of orchestrating large cross-functional projects and complex technical initiatives, then come join us!
The ideal candidate is an experienced technical leader with hands-on technical program management skills. You are passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions and obsessed with continuous improvement. You are a creative problem solver, able to recognize the difference between "rickety" and "scrappy," and a master at facilitating business and technical tradeoffs. You embrace failures as insights to evolve and grow, and value collaborative approach to learning.
As the Sr. TPM for consumer engagement, you will work closely with Alexa engineering, BI and product management teams to translate business needs into workable technology solutions. You are willing to get hands on to produce detailed technical specs and high-level architecture designs. You are a big thinker, able to identify new opportunities for development as Alexa evolves. You will work with many Amazon teams to drive process and execution goals, regularly communicating with senior management. Discretion and a high degree of professional maturity are required.
* Own management of the product development lifecycle, embracing an iterative methodology
* Work closely with product managers and developers to drive architecture, engineering and integration design, decisions and timelines
* Identify, assess and mitigate risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints to optimize risk taking behavior for maximum business benefit.
* Drive communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
* Develop and execute project plans and run the day-to-day project needs across all of the Consumer Engagement team within Alexa Experience
* Maximize and ensure the most efficient use of resources and technologies
* Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.