Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
We are looking for a top-tier Senior Technical Program Manager with attested delivery track records to lead and drive the execution for our strategy initiatives in Product and Engineering organization. We are growing and maturing our execution and delivery precision. If your are passionate about operational excellence, getting your feet wet delivering outcomes, and making a difference in how the world works, this job is for you.
At Upwork, we believe in connecting a remote workforce to deliver business results. Our programs span the globe and are powered by our global freelancer community. You will lead multiple complex, multidisciplinary programs with your engineering expertise and big picture lens to connect the dots for execution.
* You will partner cross-functionally with product managers, engineers, and engineering leadership team across the globe to define program objectives, plans and key results.
* Lead all aspects of program execution including partner management, operations review, and product go-to-market effort. In addition you will be responsible for the resource allocation, success criteria, and landmarks.
* You will work with business partners for requirements gathering and with engineering managers/leads to establish resource plan and maintain engineering roadmaps.
* Develop relevant business operations artifacts and standard methodologies.
* Facilitate semi-annual strategy planning effort including x-functional team prioritization, cost estimation, and resource planning.
* Support or lead various engineering events and activities such as all-hands, tech talks, off-site, hackathon, etc.
What it takes to catch our eye:
* Proven experience implementing large scale internet based software development or infrastructure programs
* Authority in using mainstream engineering and program management productivity tools like Jira, Confluence, etc
How to really knock our socks off:
* Strong understanding of modern web application stack and infrastructure like Amazon Web Services
* You have excellent communication skills, an Agile mindset, attention to detail, data driven, and fluent taking care of ambiguities and conflict,
* Six Sigma certified, SAFe or PMP certified, and relevant experience in software development, professional services, solution engineering, technical consulting, are pluses
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you'll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we're creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You'll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you'll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork's spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Upwork (formerly Elance-oDesk) is a freelancing platform where businesses and independent professionals connect and collaborate remotely.