Are you interested to be part of Amazon Devices organization (Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa-enabled devices and more)? Will you be excited with an opportunity to define and manage device supportability roadmap? If so, we'd love to talk to you!
The Device Support Engineering (DSE) team is a central engineering team to manage device Supportability Reviews ensuring Amazon devices are supportable, if an issue arise. We also manage customer experience by building operational excellence (OE) tools for device troubleshooting. We provide engineering analysis to solve customer problems for Amazon 1P devices like eReaders, Tablets, Fire TV, Alexa, and other devices; and their underlying services.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will:
* Define and manage roadmaps for device Supportability across eReader, Tablet, TV and Alexa device families, and ensure that the products are supportable within the defined business SLAs.
* Work with the experienced cross-disciplinary Technical Program Managers, Product management teams, and collaborate with Support Engineering (SE) managers for securing resources, scope technical efforts, and set priorities and milestones for Supportability projects.
* Work with remote teams to deliver supportable software and services in sync with launch timelines
* Manage the overall Supportability project schedule, track and monitor project progress and milestone deliverables, and proactively mitigate risks.
* Own regular project communications to stakeholders in launch readiness meetings, software specific milestone meetings, and management reviews.
* Review all features that are planned for release and articulate technical specifications under Supportability scope through reviewing Business and Product Review Documents.
* Work closely with Support Engineering team on prioritization of JIRAs that are cut during feature and log reviews.
* Follow up on the Supportability JIRAs filed by the SE team, and ensure that all critical ones are addressed before Signing-off the device and software releases.
* Run regular Supportability sync-up meetings across global teams.
* Provide sufficient inputs to management to enable them to take sign-off decisions on Product Development milestone exists.
* Work with SE managers and ensure that there is a post launch support plan for ticket triaging.
* Attend War Calls for new Device Launches and Software releases
* Run retrospective meetings and incorporate the feedback to improve Supportability effectiveness in the future.
* Constantly strive for improving Supportability process and track metrics to improve Supportability efficiency.
* Lead innovation and design for automating human repeatable touch-points in Supportability reviews.
* Coordinate with Support Engineering and Customer Support (CS) teams to publish new and updated Support Article and CS blurbs to reduce ticket inflows.
* Work with SE managers and ALL partner teams to drive incident reduction and resolution for supported devices.
* Attend Hot Issues meetings and track active production issues with Development team, besides influencing prioritize of issues by surfacing impact data time-to-time.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.