This is a temporary position of undetermined length.
These activities include: Raytheon IIS is looking for an Engineer to support the National Leadership Command and Control (NLCC) systems. Specifically the National Military Command System (NMCS) and Senior Leadership Command, Control, and Communications System (SLC3S) engineering, test and evaluation(ET&E) processes in providing the full spectrum of systems engineering, test and evaluation support to NLCC. The ET&E activities include assisting in the systems engineering, design, development and integration processes; and conducting performance analyses; estimation of the operational effectiveness and suitability of NMCS and SLC3S communications systems; supporting the transition processes for new or developing systems; identifying shortfalls and needed modifications to current systems and networks; and supporting the changes and modifications to communications equipment, networks or systems necessary to meet readiness and performance requirements. Work is in a professional environment in Crystal City (Arlington), Ft. Meade and Washington, D.C. area, with continuing interface with Government personnel (both civilian and military), Government contractors, and other vendors in attendance at Government technical reviews.
* Required Skills:
* 6+ years relevant experience working on hands-on instrumented testing of telecommunications circuits, IP/Ethernet/Optical networks and RF systems in a DoD environment.
* Active Top Secret Security Clearance screened for SCI within last 5 years
* A basic understanding of US Federal Government organizational structure (both civilian and military)
* A working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and the Internet
* Experience with or a full understanding of the functions and elements of the National Military Command Center (NMCC), NMCC Site R, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS), the National Airborne Operations Center (NAOC) aircraft, the U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) Airborne Command Post (ABNCP) aircraft, and the Special Air Mission (SAM) aircraft supporting the executive travel requirements of senior Government leaders.
* Experience engineering Internet Protocol (IP) based voice, video and data Networks supporting DoD leadership
* Experience with engineering circuit switched, time division multiplex voice and data systems
* Ability to provide detailed engineering analysis of communications systems and develop associated engineering detail depictions of existing systems, alternative systems and architectures with specific understanding of transition from circuit switched systems to IP Networks
* The ability to provide high quality, detailed, technical briefings and papers on short notice to various levels of Government personnel
* The ability to work alone or to supervise other Raytheon employees off-site (at the Pentagon or other Government facility) in support of customer requirements
* Understanding of the Joint Systems Engineering and Integration Office (JSEIO)
* Experience in Satellite earth terminal operations
* Experience in Nuclear Command and Control procedures
* Defense Red Switch Network experience
* Experience with Missile Warning Systems
* SLC3S Airborne Systems
* Required Education:
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, communications or Information Technology systems OR equivalent combination of education and experience. May substitute experience for education
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, communications or Information Technology systems
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 142594 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Type Of Job
Temporary - Full Time
VA - Arlington
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.