The Tactical Radar Systems organization is seeking engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective solutions.
As a technical leader within the Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) department, the candidate will lead cutting-edge projects requiring the design, development and deployment of integrated hardware/software system test solutions. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Radar Systems Development and experience working in a SIL environment with an emphasis on verification and validation. The applicant will be part of the Open Architecture Radar section that is responsible for developing the Next-Generation Radar Systems for the US Government. Special Program Accesses will be required.
This highly dynamic environment requires both speed and efficiency in addition to maintaining product quality, functionality and traceability. Applicants are expected to be self-motivated, detail oriented and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team through strong written and verbal communication skills. This position will help develop the Next-Generation Radar Systems and help Raytheon and our customers achieve mission success.
The activities and requirements in this job include:
* Provide technical leadership in advanced radar systems development engineering.
* Work closely with engineering functional and technical management to ensure on time deliveries
* EVMS certified required and needs to be able to present financial status.
* Experience with government programs.
* Experience with lab processes and hardware testing.
* Experienced at leading hardware, and software integration and system verification efforts necessary for the efficient sell-off of advances radar systems.
* Experienced with the preparation of formal Government reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, etc).
* Performs system testing, test reporting, updating of test procedures and generation of sell-off reports and earned value reporting.
* Knowledgeable in systems engineering and IV&V engineering principles.
* Analyzing system requirements, decomposing requirements to software subsystems, and defining testing criteria of the requirements at the software and system level
* Developing novel solutions for testing and verification of tactical and/or strategic radar system requirements.
* Working with the Mode Development team to develop predictive models of mode performance in flight test
* Analyzing flight test data and validating predicted results
* Interfacing with senior-level leaders, external customers, end users & analysts
* Minimum of 8 years work related experience with B.S., or 6 years with M.S. degree
* DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain access to Special Access Programs (SAP).
* Requirements management experience using DOORS
* Experience with AESA Radar systems and relevant experience with AESA Radar system integration, test, verification and validation
* Experience executing and integration and test procedures on radar systems
* Experience supporting testing of AESA Radars in the lab
* Experience investigating software stability issues, flight test problem reports, and developing solutions to the problems
* Experience parsing, reducing, transferring radar flight test and integration data in a classified environment
* Clearance required day 1 AND role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Experience with Open Architecture systems
* Experience developing technical baselines and radar system architectures
* Work in a development environment involving Hardware/Software and familiar with radar testing.
* The position requires a solid understanding of test automation, and troubleshooting.
* Current SAP/SCI access.
* BS Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical discipline.
* MS Degree in Engineering Math or Science or related Technical degree.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
140766BR 140766 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.