Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Dulles? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our facility in Dulles VA offers amenities that create work and life balance. The Dulles site includes 4 modern facilities with 3 industrial buildings. On site we have a fitness center plus a fun space with a pool table, foosball and video games. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Raytheon!
We are a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view:
The Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Systems Engineering and Integration Team (SEIT) is the central focus for concept development, trade studies, systems architecture development, and systems integration and test activities for customized engineering services and products. We develop solutions to solve customer needs as well as plan future capabilities and technology roadmaps.
The Raytheon Intelligence Information and Services (IIS) C2, Space, and Intelligence (CSI) solutions team is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer for programs to modernize and maintain satellite ground segments.
As a Sr.Systems Engineer, your duties will include but not be limited to the following:
* Perform system engineering analyses including trade studies, use case development, requirements definition and derivation, interface definition, and requirement validation and verification.
* Provide technical direction and clarification of requirements to software development teams, and test personnel.
* Support definition of operations concepts and procedure planning/ development, interfacing with personnel from other organizations.
* Attend technical interchange meetings with the team members and other program personnel.
* Provide status on assigned Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) tasks.
* Provide document review and resolves technical systems engineering and integration issues.
* Support ECP efforts as required.
This position requires an Active TS/SCI clearance w/ CI Poly.
Validated TS/SCI clearances are eligible for sign-on bonus amounts up to $40,000.
* 4+ years demonstrated engineering experience with proven track record.
* Active TS/SCI clearance with CI Poly
* Experience in at least one of the following system engineering areas: architecture development, operations concept development, requirements definition and derivation, functional analysis, interface definition, and verification & validation for large software systems
* Experience with Agile development and the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Test Rail, Confluence)
* Enthusiastic & energetic performer able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, & high visibility environment
* Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal oversight
* Team player incorporating a team based success philosophy
* Experience with systems engineering principles and activities
* Experience working software and system development on Intelligence Community programs
* Familiarity of satellite communication principles
BS/MS or PhD in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics, or similar STEM degree.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 143114 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.