The Obsolescence Redesign Program Manager is responsible for successfully leading and executing two firm fixed price redesign programs in the Airborne Multi-mode Radars (AMR) Portfolio within ISRS-RSS. The PM will manage the redesign of 5 complex boards for the LANTIRN program and 9 obsolete part numbers of varying complexity for the HARPOON Seeker program. In this role, the PM is required to have a command of program management best practices to enhance program execution and the ability to lead a cross functional team. This PM will present to various levels of leadership concerning program status and execution and will be responsible for ensuring effective, timely, and sustained communication across the team, and customers.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
* Establishes and maintains key program metrics, defines program milestones/critical path/tactical direction and monitor adherence to program budgets and schedules ensuring program meets customer's needs, schedule and financials as defined within the contract
* Establishes an executable baseline schedule; negotiating and executing change requirements, as necessary
* Identifies, actively manages and escalates the program risks and opportunities, in accordance with specific financial goals and obligations
* Uses approved program tracking control systems and reports that accurately measure progress, identifies potential problems in sufficient time for corrective action to be taken and ensures the meeting of Raytheon's contractual commitments
* Builds, supervises and integrates the performance of the cross functional teams
* Often requires the ability to influence others outside of own job area and senior leadership
* Supports Product Line Leads in communications with the customers on status and performance
* Supports requested Program reviews and drives all required actions to closure
* Assists program leadership with emerging tasks critical to achieving program business objectives
* Coordinates program start-up process by assisting in the creation of initial program artifacts (team structure, lesson learned, Contractual Work Breakdown Structure (CWBS), etc.)
* Focuses, evaluates, motivates and rewards the program team, enabling them to achieve desired results
* 10 years of combined professional working experience in Program Management, Integrated Product Team Lead or Engineering experience
* Proven experience in design and development programs
* Experience preparing, revising, updating and monitoring required documentation and analysis in compliance with contract requirements and Raytheon company standards
* Experience integrating key business activities into a seamless project management plan leveraging best practices, people skills and cross utilization of assets
* Ability to prepare and managing all required product lifecycle artifacts and reviews
* Experience working with cross-functional teams
* Excellent communication, technical writing, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills
* Ability to develop and implement meaningful program metrics and milestones
* Must obtain Program Management Certification, in accordance with RP-248
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* Technical knowledge of Radar Systems and/or similar technologies
* Experience with FFP Development programs
* Experience with HW Design
* Experience building and leading cross-functional team
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related discipline
Master's Degree in Business, Engineering, Math, Science or related discipline 142724BR 142724 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.