Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a Systems Engineer to provide analysis support as part of the Airborne Early Warning Reconnaissance and Surveillance Department. This department provides the full range of systems design and analysis-related activities in support of SAS radar programs.
These activities include:
* Analysis of system health metrics from weekly data transfers from field sites to identify trends and anomalies
* Computer modeling and simulation of sensor physics and phenomenology
* Performance predictions and analysis of data received from radars on various platforms
* Development and maintenance of system requirements and system architectures, to include participation in requirements trade studies as well as internal and customer working groups
* Interface between members of the systems, software, hardware, and test engineering teams
* Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
* Technical participation in peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and field test requirements verification
* Participate in customer and program review presentations to provide status updates and work products
* 4 years or more of experience developing mathematical algorithms or quantitative analysis techniques
* Experience with MATLAB, C/C++, and/or Python
* Demonstrated interpersonal communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
* Strong mathematical background and desire to learn and contribute to a team-oriented environment
* Must have an active DoD Secret or higher security clearance prior to commencing work
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
* Ability to access to US only data systems as separate requirements within the basic qualifications/required skills list
* Able to effectively perform multiple tasks and prioritize actions
* Work experience in requirements and system architecture development and maintenance
* Strong background in signal processing, modeling, and simulation
* Knowledge or experience with DOORS
* Experience working on a technical team of Systems Engineers and Analysts
* Graduate level coursework or work experience in digital filtering, linear algebra, stochastic processes, estimation theory, and detection theory
* B.S. in Engineering, Physics, Math, or related discipline
Advanced degree(s) in Engineering, Physics, Math, Systems Engineering, or related discipline
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 141091BR 141091 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.