The Software Engineering Center is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable software engineer with a recent track record of successfully developing real time embedded software. The ideal candidate will employ Raytheon software development processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contribute to the development of new principles and concepts.
* Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
* Work effectively and contribute significantly during all phases of the software development life-cycle
* Develop real-time embedded software in C and/or Ada
* Show highly exceptional investigation and trouble-shooting skills to assess issues and develop resolutions to them
* Work proactively to complete tasks with minimal oversight direction
* Communicate effectively with team members across multiple disciplines, functional areas, project management, and customers
* Strongly contribute to program and customer meetings and reviews
* Function as a Team Lead, Technical Lead, and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) in fields of knowledge and expertise to other team members
Check out our Raytheon overview on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/raytheoncompany
* Minimum of 10+ years' experience developing embedded software utilizing C, C++, Ada or related tools/languages
* Extensive experience with developing and integrating real time embedded software
* Hardware / software integration experience
* Good experience with Green Hills Integrity, VxWorks or equivalent development tools
* Strong experience in every phase of the software development life-cycle
* Strong working knowledge of Software Development Processes
* Clearance req'd day 1 AND role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* Must have a current final DOD Secret Clearance to start and a proven ability to be accessed to Special Access Programs *
* As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.
* Experience with Radar Software Architecture, Signal processing or Data processing
* Experience with developing and integrating software for advanced Air-to-Surface or Air-to-Air radar modes
* Experience with Continuous Integration methodologies
* Technical and/or team leadership experience
* Knowledge and experience with earned value management techniques
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in technical major (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math, Physics, etc.) from an accredited University
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
143081BR 143081 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.