Under limited supervision from Infrastructure Manager, perform system engineering on server, storage and cloud-based systems that serve our employees and customers. This is a highly interactive position that requires communication with a wide variety of users across our organization and IT Teams. The Sr. System Engineer will exercise judgment and decision making within generally defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions.
* Public cloud and on prem infrastructure platform design/management (eg. Azure/AWS) * Implement automation technologies and processes for infrastructure provisioning and DevOps enablement * Script development and implementation * VMware administration * Windows/Linux Server build and management, system monitoring, security hardening, software updates and upgrades
* On Prem/Cloud primary storage management * On Prem/Cloud backup storage management * Load balancing services * VDI and remote application services management (Citrix/Horizon) * Patch Management Coordination and implementation * Active Directory infrastructure management * Assist in selecting & implementing security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team * Provide Infrastructure support at all levels and afterhours support as needed * Support applications/systems as designated * Backup and recovery planning and testing * Disaster recovery maintenance, planning and testing * Infrastructure Documentation and periodic review * Create, maintain and disseminate SOPs * Coordinate work with other System Engineers and IT Teams * Review system deployment specifications for standards compliance * Review, recommend and implement new services as required
* 3+ years of hands on experience supporting hybrid public cloud environments, preferably AWS or Azure * Strong knowledge of hybrid public cloud architectures and management approach * Very strong infrastructure automation experience with technologies such as Cloudformation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet or Powershell * Solid understanding of cloud computing service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) * 6+ years of experience supporting or maintaining the following technologies: * All Windows Server OS from 2008 onwards * Linux, preferably RedHat * VMWare ESX * Domain Controllers, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Security Groups, Certificate Authority * 3PAR and/or Pure storage * Containers
* Experience supporting Disaster Recovery operations * Strong Knowledge of Datacenter Operations practices * Ability to develop and enforce standards and best practices * Strong documentation skills required * Ability to interact effectively and professionally with staff * Weekend and after hours work will be required as needed
* AWS/Azure certifications, a plus * MCSE Cloud and Infrastructure is a plus * Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server & SharePoint is a plus * Experience supporting 21 CFR Part 11 and/or Sarbanes Oxley controlled environments * High School degree/College level degree preferred with 6+ years' experience in Windows network environment with 4 years directly supporting Windows servers
* Ability to lift 50 lbs
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
About Seattle Genetics
Seattle Genetics is dedicated to improving patient outcomes through advanced antibody-drug conjugate technology designed to deliver cell-killing agents directly to tumor cells.