The Sr. Manager, IT Business Systems Analyst provides leadership within the IT Analyst Center of Excellence supporting systems needs across the enterprise, ensuring that systems are operational and GxP compliant where required. The manager oversees the assessment, implementation and production support of the systems assigned to their organization. They manage the intake, design, implementation and validation of systems, working closely with the business to document user and system requirements. The position is responsible for the line management and personal development of the members of the team. The manager provides coaching and mentoring on an individualized basis for career development of their direct reports. They perform and/or oversee technology management activities, which may include project and vendor management, production support, end user training and issue identification and trouble shooting. The position also provides technical and/or domain expertise and input into day-to-day operations; and may provide consulting support for another IT department.
* Lead the team that supports system needs across the organization. Recruit and retain top performers and provide leadership to team members assigned to one or more applications or customer groups
* Manage team workload and provide updates on projects, activities, and customer/application status to management
* Work with The PMO and Project Managers in resource allocation for projects in flight and associated with the forward-looking pipeline
* Oversee system validation activities in team, including authoring requirements and authoring and/or approving report specifications, test plans and other documentation
* Manage the team as they support Work Orders and Incidents related to their assigned systems
* Establish and manage service level agreements with end users, both internal and external
* Ensure standard processes for assigned customer(s) and application(s) are established, documented and followed
* Participate in the implementation of new systems as a member of the project team, providing technical expertise, analysis, and oversight
* Develop and maintain SOPs, Work Practices and Training Guides; ensure documents reflect current practices and are consistent across documents
* Identify production support trends for assigned areas and systems; escalate suspected systemic issues to management
* Create user documentation and train personnel on applications/reports/solutions, as required
* Work with IT Director of Business / Systems to design best practices, develop and maintain department tools, templates, guidelines, scripts and systems
* Serve as mentor and department resource for system related issues
* Seve as liaison to assigned vendors and chair vendor meetings as appropriate
* Serve as liaison with QA
* Keep current with the latest technology and industry trends; regularly attend training in order to maintain technical and domain expertise
* Alongside management duties, perform a certain amount of Business / System Analyst tasks in line with that of a SR Analyst
* 5 years' experience managing teams of people through line management or project management
* Can demonstrate people management skills
* 7+ years' experience performing the IT Analyst duties and responsibilities
* Strong project management skills
* Proven ability to translate business needs into technical solutions
* Sound understanding of system validation requirements outlined in 21 CFR Part 11
* Knowledge and experience to exercise independent judgment and provide indirect oversight to project team members and application administrators in other departments
* Experience implementing and validating systems in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company
* Excellent communication and organization skills
* Ability to proactively plan, organize and function with minimal oversight
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
About Seattle Genetics
Seattle Genetics is dedicated to improving patient outcomes through advanced antibody-drug conjugate technology designed to deliver cell-killing agents directly to tumor cells.