* Job: 20798-MMCC * Location: US-MA-Natick * Department: Business Applications and Tools
The Licensing Applications team is looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst to help evolve a portfolio of custom web-based business applications and web services used in activating and managing licenses for MathWorks products. Our applications are used by MathWorks employees worldwide for sales and support activities, and our web services enable customer interactions on our website and in our products.
* Deliver solutions as part of an agile team comprised of business people, developers, quality engineers and usability experts * Analyze and document business requirements and workflows * Lead the creation of user stories, breaking down epics and larger stories as needed * Collaborate with development team re: system design * Collaborate with business stakeholders to prioritize work * Advocate for/represent business users' needs to the development team * Work with the agile team and business areas to plan & release deliverables
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
* Experience creating custom-built web applications, ideal candidate was once a developer using Java or similar programming language * Demonstrated ability to elicit business requirements and translate them into practical and clear user stories * Can identify and analyze downstream and reporting impact of system changes * Able to communicate and present complex ideas effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences * Understands relational database design and can read/write SQL * Proactive and curious nature, an independent self-starter * Experience with Agile methods and scrum
* Familiar with service oriented architecture * Hands-on experience with programming
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.