Raytheon Company has an immediate need for an on-site system administrator that shall support the day-to-day operations of the Sponsor's laboratory computer systems. This support shall include the installation, configuration, maintenance, failure analysis and recovery, performance monitoring, data storage management, and security management of laboratory computer systems (Windows and Linux operating systems).
System Administrators shall have functional knowledge of distributed and clustered computing environments, cloud computing and virtualization environments. Specific duties and responsibilities of the on-site system administrator may include, but not be limited to:
* Providing desktop support to local and remote desktop users
* Monitoring and promptly responding to trouble tickets that may involve all tiers of desktop support (hardware, software, peripherals, etc.)
* Creating and managing user/group accounts
* Installing, configuring, updating, and removing system and application software from Windows and Linux operating systems
* Installing, configuring, updating, and removing system hardware (servers, workstations, displays/monitors, printers, plotters, scanners, transceivers, network interface cards, network physical links)
* Configuring network addressable file shares
* Reviewing, applying and removing approved user permissions to files and groups on the domain
* Performing system and file backup and recovery
* Perform manual data transfers using approved software and procedures
* Monitoring and allocating system resources (CPU, memory, and storage space)
* Auditing system log files, to include compliance audits
* Diagnosing and troubleshooting hardware and software problems
* Documenting hardware and software configurations, maintenance history, backup history
* Implementing up-to-date system policies and procedures
* Configuring and deploying operating system updates using Windows Server Update Service (WSUS)
Minimum Mandatory Qualifications and Education
* Four (4) or more years of relevant work experience, including one year or more of specialized, relevant technical experience administering classified computing environments. One (1) or more years must be in the Intelligence Community.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, or related field
* Equivalent military training and experience in an information technology field is acceptable
* Ability to lift and carry 35lbs and make repetitive movements
U.S. Citizenship required as this position requires an active TS/SCI with poly clearance as of day one employment. Must be crossover eligible.
141218 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.