We are looking for a candidate to be a member of a team that represents Security Monitoring interests and will drive thought leadership and delivery with regard to the planning, preparation, coordination, and dissemination of technology controls and audit response within the BNY Mellon's Information Security Division and Security Operations departments.
This is a critical, technology-specific role in our audit response process that will involve meeting with auditors/assessors (preparation phase), harvesting auditor/assessor requirements (input phase), collecting and preparing evidence (processing phase), and delivering/presenting the evidence to auditor/assessor (output phase).
While the role is related to the handling, retrieval, workflow, and technology-specific triage/communication functions within our Audit Response Team, it is not directly an auditor role. However, individuals with an auditor/assessor or similar background would be notable candidates.
A successful candidate excels at autonomous load-balancing of static and dynamic work streams from internal and external "customers," communicates efficiently on multiple date and demand-driven inbound requests, communicates autonomously on status updates, escalation needs, and forward momentum, and thrives in juggling multiple requests while delivering crisp, quality-driven data through fact-finding missions involving multiple teams and associates.
The position will infrequently (<10%) require off-hour and weekend scheduling to coordinate with multiple time zones and global teams.
* Determine needs and participate in the technology-specific build and development of audit-related activities, including automated collection and retrieval of evidence.
* Execute audit-response activities including scoping, triage, tracking, and defining time/delivery requirements related to audit evidence dissemination.
* Act as technical expert and representative for the Audit Response Team while liaising with other internal teams and external audit/consulting agencies.
* Evaluate, curate, and propose improvements in areas of quality control, process improvement, evidence collection, remediation planning, and workflow.
* Align with team handbook, work tracking guidance, and data classification policies.
* Engage in Audit Response Team activities including the build-out of knowledge-base repositories, advanced remediation for anticipated audit findings, workload forecasting, and regular tracking of work-effort, action, meeting, and escalation summaries driven by daily work.
* Create, triage, and peer review during the evidence collection life cycle. Ensure dissemination of audit evidence in alignment with internal confidentiality standards and controls.
* Engage in precision-based communications with counterparts and suppliers of audit evidence with various teams by using verbal and non-verbal communications, including form-based questionnaires/responses, emails, goal-oriented meetings, and agile work-tracking methodologies to ensure awareness and ownership throughout all phases of investigative triage and response.
* Aim to execute communication with internal/external Auditors and Subject Matter Experts with minimal mistakes to negotiate and execute resources to deliver responses, action plans, and remediation efforts in a manner and on a schedule approved by firm policy.
* Demonstrate ownership and leadership to peers and other teams to meet goals. Engage with the firm's GRC practices to assist in delivery process.
* Interpret and maintain a strong working knowledge of the federal/state policies, with a focus on Financial Services.
* Provide support to commercial organizations by responding to regulatory reviews (FFIEC, NY DFS), and by creating/optimizing existing cyber capabilities and programs.
* Skillfully distill and articulate complex messages in written and oral forms for technical and non-technical audiences.
* Align solutions with business needs, create innovative approaches to address audit request challenges, and build on collaborative efforts related to internal and external relationships.
* Collaborate and contribute to technical writing and documentation initiatives.
Consults with other IT areas and the businesses and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure. Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms. Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies. Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation. Reviews and analyzes complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations provides direction and guidance on reports and analyses and ensures recommendations are aligned with customer/business needs and capabilities. Ensures that all significant security concerns are addressed. Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Responsibilities:
* Collaborate with project management and compliance teams in analyzing SOX/SOC1/CBS applications
* Track, document and raise exceptions for the on-going on-boarding processes
* Report on-boarding metrics, KRIs and gaps in current technologies
* Escalate issues and non-adherence to the security controls defined in the policies and standards
* Assist in contacting and scheduling analysis sessions with BNYM authentication and credential management teams
* Assist in tracking project changes with the associated project managers to meet committed deadlines
Sr. Specialist Information Security Analyst->> Consults with other IT areas and the businesses and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure. Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms. Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies. Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation. Reviews and analyzes complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations provides direction and guidance on reports and analyses and ensures recommendations are aligned with customer/business needs and capabilities. Ensures that all significant security concerns are addressed. Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
* Required Skills:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8-10 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
* 3+ Years Knowledge of Cyber Policy, Regulations and Technologies
* 3+ Years as a core contributor in audit/policy assessment environment
* 5+ years of experience within information technology
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
* Preferred Experience
* 5+ Years exposure to Fortune 500 environments/culture
* 3+ years exposure to Financial Services/Banking/FinTech organizations
* 2+ Years experience in agile methodologies
* Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation
* Advanced degree preferred
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45155
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1905896
About Bny Mellon
The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (also known as BNY Mellon) is an investment company that provides investment management, investment services, and wealth management.