Senior Test Engineer is responsible for testing the products to reveal quality and risk related information with the intent of informing a decision. This role participates in the coaching of other testers on some aspects of testing. The Senior Test Engineer also contributes to the creation of test strategies and diagnosis of complex issues.
* Evaluate, explore and model the product and features
* Drive and lead prioritization of testing activities, across teams as needed
* Create, organize and effectively communicate product coverage, test strategy, test charters and test ideas
* Coach others on test strategy, test execution and the use of test tools
* Proactively learn and apply test design principles
* Identify and provide feedback on the gap/anomalies in the requirements
* Explain risks, based on the impact assessment, to non-technical stakeholders
* Execute test charters within sessions
* Analyze results of test sessions, draw meaningful conclusions, and suggest actions
* Write clear and concise bug reports and steps to reproduce
* Apply basic problem solving skills
* Collaborate with other scrum team(s) and stakeholders
* Adhere to Medidata's SOPs and Agile practices
* Make continuous self-education a priority
* Keep up to date with the evolution of the testing industry
* Involved in the wider testing community in the organization e.g. Chairing a Testing Guild Working Group
The MUST HAVES…
* Ability and drive to establish technical and complex solutions in a variety of situations
* Strong understanding of validation process and theory
* Ability to contribute to the development of project test strategy
* Ability to act as a subject matter expert on a project
* Ability to Identify tasks/ dependencies/ risks during backlog grooming/planning
* Ability to provide reasonable test estimates
* Ability to proactively learn and apply test design principles
* Ability to create tests from stories/requirements
* Ability to execute tests and record test results
* Ability to communicate ideas to other teams
* Ability to investigate and diagnose complex issues
* Ability to create effective test reporting
* Ability to work through problems
* Ability to articulate technical issues
* Possess problem solving abilities
* Possess the drive and intellectual curiosity to investigate issues
The Nice to haves, but not required…
* Ability to understand and execute Session Based testing
* Ability to understand and execute Context Driven testing
* Ability to test using Rapid Software Testing practices and principles
* Clinical industry experience is an asset
* Agile experience is preferred
* Typically requires related experience and a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree; or equivalent experience
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata's solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Medidata Solutions is a company providing cloud-based solutions for life sciences worldwide.