Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Business Innovation Office (BIO) is a true business partner with all cross-functional leadership teams at Medidata to ensure the enterprise achieves scalability, productivity, and its vision for growth. As a member of the BIO team, the Project Manager will partner with key business owners to manage critical, high-visibility projects associated with Workday. In addition to planning, executing and evaluating projects, the Project Manager will assist with business transformation strategy, roadmap planning, and the budget process. Building and managing project teams, partnering with project sponsors, and ensuring quality control throughout project lifecycles are central to this position.
* Possess excellent project management and communication skills across all areas of the business with the ability to identify opportunities for critical process improvement that leverage Workday Optimized Processes
* Be accountable for project results and drive decision-making along with project sponsors and stakeholders
* Unify business stakeholders and project team members toward common goals and vision
* Lead Change Management opportunities as projects introduce process changes, the need for new policies/standards and role changes across the end user community
* Manage vendor assessments and RFPs for new systems, upgrades or system optimization
* Perform business case analyses, ensuring all cross-departmental owners are included, driving prioritization and timing that aligns across the entire enterprise
* Ensure vendor quotes, contracts, SOWs are properly aligned on behalf of the enterprise
* Create project workplans identifying when tasks will be performed and clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders
* Manage project goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing
* Partner with business owners, technical team and vendors during design, build and testing to ensure business requirements are fully implemented and system quality is maintained within prescribed budget and timelines
* Facilitate current state process discussions and future state process re-design opportunities
* Build and maintain technology vendor relationships
* Route work between all responsible people in all stages of implementation
* Coordinate testing, end user training, and deployment phases of projects
* Identify, mitigate and escalate issues in a proactive manner throughout the project lifecycle
* Be one-step ahead of business owners by alerting them to impending or unforeseen risks and proposing mitigation plans, new policies, or processes for the business
* Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes are evaluated, documented and approved
* Drive post-implementation systems adoption
* Determine how results will be measured and complete post-project evaluations to determine how well results were achieved
* Demonstrate ability to tie back performance to projected business case ROIs
The MUST haves...
* 5+ years of project management experience
* 2-3 years as a Project Manager working on initiatives to do w/Workday HCM and/or Financials
* Working knowledge of the Workday HCM product and completion of at least one Workday deployment
* 1-2 years of ERP experience
* Strong facilitation skills; Ability to facilitate resources from multiple business areas to drive decisions and promote change
* Demonstrated leadership managing and motivating people and teams
* Ability to unify multiple stakeholders and 3rd-party vendors across geographies and foster collaborative partnerships
* Experience with annual strategic planning, prioritization of business needs, and project budgeting
* Exceptional analytical, conceptual thinking, and problem-solving capabilities
* Strategic operational and technical management skills. Ability to "translate" or bridge technical concepts to non-technical decision-makers
* Ability to lead structured meetings and clearly communicate tasks, expectations, and accountability
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and leading rapid change and forward thinking
* Thorough understanding of PMO Methodologies and tools
* Business Process Mapping, Business Problem Analysis, and Requirements Definition
* Solid experience with systems integrations and data migrations
Nice to haves but not required...
* PMI certification is an asset
* Prior Management Consulting/Big 4 Consulting experience a big plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata's solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Medidata is a company developing digital transformation solutions for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data.