Epsilon Systems Solutions
KAB Laboratories, Inc. (http://kablab.com), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Epsilon Systems Solutions, focused on software development and systems engineering for complex defense intelligence and combat systems is seeking a Sr. Software Test Engineer II for our San Diego, CA office. If you have a passion for excellence in engineering and enjoy working on challenging projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment read on!
The Sr. Software Test Engineer II will play a key role in designing, developing and executing software tests for the GPS-based Position, Navigation and Timing Service (GPNTS) Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design, develop and execute innovative and comprehensive tests, verification and validation strategies, processes, tools and techniques
* Involved in all aspects of test including, design-for-test, integration, subsystem and component level testing through customer sell-off of sophisticated systems and technologies
* Work with systems leads and peers on system designs, requirements development, and process implementation
* Collaborate with personnel across multiple engineering disciplines and teams
* Participate in continual product improvement efforts and work with team members to implement best practices and procedures
* Work with limited supervision, and take ownership of projects to achieve schedule, financial, and technical goals as assigned
* Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline, engineering management or industrial design
* Ten (10) years experience designing, developing, and executing software test in a lab environment
* Active DoD Secret Clearance
* Hands-on experience integrating software and hardware in a lab, troubleshooting related issues, and understanding imperfections encountered
* Experience working on technical projects within cost and schedule as part of a product team.
* Strong interpersonal skills, telephone etiquette, and professional demeanor
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Effective team player with highly proficient customer service skills
* Advanced level user in Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
* Flexible and able to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
* Masters degree in Computer science or other STEM field
* Experience in computer programming skills (e.g., Java, C/C++)
* Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills
* Radar or defense systems domain knowledge
* Regular communication (hearing/speaking)
* Noise conditions range from very quiet to very noisy
* Prolonged use of computer (typing/keyboarding)
* Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, and may occasionally lift and move at least 25 pounds
* Ability to travel by car, air or other means of transportation, if required
KAB Laboratories and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.
About Epsilon Systems Solutions
Epsilon Systems Solutions is a provider of life cycle support to defense systems.