Epsilon Systems Solutions
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. has a job opportunity for a Temporary Desktop Support Specialist I (Workstation Technician) in San Diego, CA.
Summary: Provide support to internal Epsilon employees in both San Diego and National City. Responsibilities may include assisting with workstations, printers, desk phones, and company provided mobile phone questions. Travel between offices will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Effectively, professionally, and respectfully represents the Information Technology team when interacting with other Epsilon employees.
* Provides support for all Information Technology products and services. Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing others regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy.
* Determines the most effective manner to resolve personnels technical issue. Engages in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues. Consults with full time staff when necessary.
* Resolves support related issues independently but may escalate complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate Information Technology team members for resolution.
* Verifies that suggested solutions effectively resolve the users' problems through verbal or email follow up.
* Create Exchange accounts for new hires as well as back up and delete accounts for termed employees.
* Associates Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum of 1 year of experience providing workstation support for 500+ users required.
* Ability to provide after-hours support on a rotational "on-call" basis and to work "off-hours" as needed.
* Experience with Windows 7 & 10 Workstations required.
* Experience with hardware repair (break-fix) and configuration/installation required.
* Experience in a Tier 1/Tier 2 Help Desk or call center strongly preferred.
* Minimum certifications:
* Microsoft MTA: Certification
* CompTIA A+
* MCSE/MCSA certification
* Certifications: Network+, Security+
* Experience with SMS, Active Directory and/or Group Policy.
* Previous experience supporting a large call center environment.
* Working knowledge of LAN/WAN networking is required.
* Working Knowledge of or experience with the following listed systems
* Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and above, Active Directory and other related software.
* Windows 7/10, Office 2010 and above and various other applications for installation and support.
* Administrative skills for Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office, Sophos Antivirus.
* Ethernet, cabling, hubs/switches, network protocols, printers, and multimedia presentation technologies support.
* Wireless network support.
* Excellent customer service/problem-solving skills.
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
* Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
* Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
* Noise conditions range from very quiet to very noisy.
* Prolonged use of computer (typing/keyboarding).
* Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, and may occasionally lift and move at least 25 pounds.
* Ability to travel by car, air or other means of transportation.
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.
About Epsilon Systems Solutions
Epsilon Systems Solutions is a provider of life cycle support to defense systems.