The Mid-Market Endpoint team develops and deploys cloud-based software to store, protect, access and compute data on Windows & Mac platforms for the Mid-Market. Carbonite is seeking a professional Senior Software Quality Engineer to design, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot our automated testing frameworks and environments for the Mid-Market Endpoint Products.
This role covers functionality across the system and emphasizes automation heavily. You will be building automation infrastructure that increases confidence in the software and adds to the team's overall velocity while driving to release. The ideal candidate will have strong programming skills and a deep knowledge of automation tools for one or more of the platforms Carbonite Endpoint Protect supports.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
* Review and gain a solid understanding of the architecture of the Endpoint server backup product
* Understand test & release process and frameworks
* Be able to author manual and automated test cases (Python)
* Be able to work in sync with the Dev and QE teams to develop and execute test plans
* Triage and develop solutions for issues encountered by a variety of cross functional and internal sources
Key Challenges to Overcome:
For a Quality Engineer on our team, it is key to internalize the values of developing robust, scalable and maintainable Test Automation for server and client based software. The key driver for a Quality Engineer on this team is to provide the confidence to move forward on the development of complex code and solutions through clear and thorough test cases, planning and test automation.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
* A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
* Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
* Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
* Record of Success in Test Automation Framework design & development.
* A drive to deliver products of the highest quality
* A record of success in Release management & planning
* Demonstrated mentorship capabilities in cross-functional team environments
* High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
* Having the desire to drive towards best practice and standards
* Skills & Experience
* B.S. in Computer Science or similar.
* Expertise in Object Oriented programming in multiple languages such as: Python, Java and C#
* Expertise in development and troubleshooting Unit, Functional, Regression and Load/Stress/Scale Testing concepts & frameworks
* Deep Experience with Continuous Integration and Build Automation tools like Jenkins
* Deep Experience with Source Control and Change Management (Git/SVN/P4)
* Experience testing against multiple Operating systems & Browsers (Mac/Windows/Linux Desktop and Server)
* Experience with UI test frameworks such as Selenium PyTest & Java & QTP
* Experience with API Testing such as REST & GRPC Experience with Test Case Management and related tools (qTest/rally…)
* Experience with Test Automation Frameworks and tools such as j, py & nUnit/Test and Nose
* Experience with Cloud Computing (Azure/AWS)
* Experience in Virtualization Tools and Environments (Hyper-V/VMWare)
* Experience working in an agile/Scrum team environment and related tools (Jira/Confluence)
* Exposure to SQL and DBs such as SQL Server, MySQL & SQL Lite
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions-like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Carbonite is a company providing internet-based backup solutions for individuals and businesses.