We are seeking a Program Manager who is looking for more than just a job. The right person for us is someone one who comes to work with a purpose - someone who wants to do work that matters - to themselves, their team, and their organization. We want a self-motivated, driven Program Manager who "gets it done, whatever it takes," and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Do you relish accountability rather than avoid it? "That's not my job" is not part of your vocabulary? Enjoy challenges? Are you ready to make a meaningful impact in an exciting and growing company? Are you looking to utilize your knowledge and skills to help an exciting company grow? We need to interview each other.
Carbonite is in the process of transforming our legacy operational transaction systems to modern SaaS based application systems as well as integrating the back-office operations resulting from significant acquisition activity. As Program Manager in the Information Technology department, you will play a central role in defining and driving these priority transformative initiatives. You will plan, manage, coordinate and communicate project activities across all levels of Carbonite.
This role requires both project management skills but even more importantly the ability and desire to become the subject matter expert in Carbonite business processes. This person will work closely with the relevant stakeholders, who are responsible for company lead tracking, quoting, order operations, fulfillment and reporting. This person will work with across all levels of Carbonite to assure plans, resources and progress in executing on the company critical initiatives. Lastly, this role will be charged with driving the organizational change management to assure successful deployment and end user adoption.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
* Internalize Carbonite's culture and values. This is a key to future success.
* Become familiar with our teams and the relevant stakeholders.
* Develop an understanding of our current application systems.
* Become familiar with our in-flight projects and status.
* Assume leadership role for our subscription management migration initiative
* Develop broad awareness of cross-team dependencies to identify potential risks/issues.
* Help team members scope and investigate issues in order to make meaningful progress for each release.
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
* Identify and drive improvements in team processes and communication and performance.
* Deliver 6-12 month roadmap for the entire IT project portfolio
* Develop plan to complete the integration of back office processes for existing Carbonite acquisitions
* Become the go to person for status and visibility for IT projects across Carbonite.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
You will collaborate closely with IT, Sales, Finance, Customer Support and Marketing to deliver IT roadmap:
* Proactively identify potential risks and address impediments.
* Proactively identify project dependencies and gain commitment from all involved.
* Communicate status and risks to stakeholders.
* Work with external partners and vendors, where appropriate, to gather and provide feedback that impacts team.
* Lead the team using Agile Methodologies to complete short-term releases on time and on budget as well as hit long-term roadmap milestones.
* Aid the team on Scrum/Agile best practices and processes, including:
* Daily stand-up meetings and triage of defects.
* Sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives.
* Create and update cross-functional release schedules and roadmaps.
* Foster a climate of collaboration, accountability and results
* Prioritize workload to balance strategic roadmap with short term tactical requirements.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
* A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
* Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them to completion
* Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
* High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
* Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
* Ability to consistently make good decisions and accept responsibility for mistakes.
* Skill at creating and presenting team statistics that communicate status to stakeholders, as well as showing areas where the team can improve.
* Ability to gain a deep understanding of complex systems in order to recognize impacts and limitations and to communicate that information to others.
* Help teams clarify scope and expectations, so all stakeholders understand results.
* Facilitate prioritization, ensuring releases deliver the most critical/impactful results on time, while ensuring less urgent but important work is not neglected.
* Enthusiastic, energetic, and positive attitude, all built on foundation of strong ethics.
* Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
Skills & Experience:
* BA or BS degree in Computer Science or related field required.
* Integrity must be a fundamental part of your character.
* Strong track record of success in fast-paced software, Internet, or tech-enabled companies.
* Previous software developer and/or development management experience ideal.
* Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
* Strong cross-team collaboration skills with demonstrable successes.
* Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across disciplines.
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions-like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us? #LI-POST
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Carbonite is a company providing cloud backup solutions.