Sr Software QA Engineer
Netscout is seeking an experienced Software Quality Assurance engineer to join the Instrumentation team whose members are in Westford, MA. The position works with all of cross functional teams (Product Management, Documentations, Manufacture, Customer Supports, and Engineering) to review requirements, plan test strategies, execute tests, and ensure that features and software releases are delivered with quality to our customers. The SQA test engineer will have a working knowledge of the Traffic Replay, Networking and Protocol Knowledges, and varies NetScout Product knowledges such as InfiniStream, vSTREAM, and nG1 products. The candidate will also be familiar with the variety of deployment options our customers require. Technical expertise, troubleshooting acumen, and the ability be both efficient and thorough are needed to succeed in this position.
* Test new features to make sure requirements are met and customer use-cases will pass
* Regress the system each release to ensure previous functionality still works well
* Continually improve the efficiency of manual testing
* Automate tests where appropriate, to expand coverage and speed up execution time
* Test the system end-to-end from InfiniStream back-end to nG1 Applications.
* Interface with SQA, Development, Tech Pubs, Product Management, and Customer-facing teams
* Follow our software development processes, and offer ideas for improvement
* Drive to meet quality and schedule requirements
* Take ownership of quality of the system and your features. Be a customer advocate for quality
* Troubleshoot complex product issues and provide development with all of the information needed to quickly determine root cause
* Configure, maintain, and use multiple test systems in your daily work in order to broaden coverage across a variety of customer-like scenarios and in order to perform tests in parallel
Education and Specific Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems, or similar technical field
* Three years of general experience developing, testing, or troubleshooting large, distributed software systems
* Two years hands-on experience with the NetScout product suite
* Experience with Linux and Windows server OS, including areas related to networking, storage, and debugging
* Working knowledge of network security and techniques used to harden systems including iptables, stunnel, SSL, TLS, encryption ciphers, syslog, and auditing
* Experience/Knowledge of telecom network architecture (2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, IMS, VoLTE, etc.)
* Previous experience analyzing protocols, in either telecom or enterprise realms, with Wireshark or similar tools
* Hands on scripting or automation development using Python, Bash, Robot, iTest, or other languages/tools
* Experience with private and public cloud environments: VMWare, KVM, OpenStack, AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
* Experience with platform health, alarm monitoring, scalability and performance testing
* Experience with Dell R730, R740 servers, raid configuration and bios configuration
* Experience with traffic generation using utilities such as TCPReplay, PFSend, GeNet, and Spirent.
* Experience with Enterprise Protocol Classifications for DNS, HTTP/S, SMB, Oracle ..etc.
Location: MA - Westford, US-Massachusetts (MA), United States (US)
Activation Date: Friday, May 31, 2019
Expiration Date: Thursday, August 1, 2019
NetScout is a provider of business assurance, cyber security and business intelligence products.