Microsoft's App Center team is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to work with us on the next generation of developer services and tools. We believe that application developers, on all existing and emerging platforms, will continue to change the world and we strive to make them 10x more productive by building services they love and rely on for building, improving and maintaining their apps.
In order to accomplish this, we believe our team needs to continue to evolve and change. We challenge each other each day to be better developers, better teammates and build a better product. While there are many tools in the tool box, we are passionate about Test Driven Development, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Culture of Experimentation and Lean Agile as a way of operating. We are extremely supportive of remote work and a remote-first team culture. We strive to live in a world where everyone on the team has an equal voice, is empowered to innovate and can make a big impact.
* 5+ years of professional experience designing, developing, and shipping high quality software.
* 2+ years of leading an engineering team.
* Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
* Experience developing distributed cloud architectures and infrastructure.
* Experience with and passion for agile software development.
* Experience designing, building and operating highly available, highly reliable systems.
* Passion for building customer value.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to manage a team to design and code new software and services . You will work extensively on building developer services that are loved and relied upon by hundreds of thousands around the world. If you are passionate about growing people and a team, software engineering, are excited by constantly learning in an ever-changing environment and market and above all love to focus on customers and building products they love - we want to hear from you!
* Support diverse team of developers to be the best team they can.
* Design, build and validate scalable, high availability services.
* Collaborate with teammates in various roles to plan and execute on key deliverables.
* Work in a culture of continuous improvement, adaptation, reflection and growth.
* Build and maintain warm and productive working relationships with internal Microsoft teams.
In the first year you will help deliver and contribute to:
* A focus on the customers and last mile delivery.
* Services and applications to enable the best developer services experiences possible.
* The culture of collaboration.
* A shared understanding of TDD and agile development practices.
* A focus on cloud native development.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.