The Microsoft HoloLens hardware team is transforming the ways people communicate, create, and collaborate through the devices and components we develop. We're a growing team of engineers on a mission to develop revolutionary designs and ship first-to-market products. Our team is creative and resourceful; we value growth and learning. We want to amplify your abilities so you can do your best work. Join us, and together we'll turn groundbreaking hardware designs into reality!
We are looking for an Optical Test Engineer to join our team!
* Working knowledge of optics and optical metrology
* Familiar with optical design concepts and theory
* Experience developing optical test systems involving motion control, image acquisition and image processing/analysis.
* Knowledge of Colorimetry, Photometry and Image Quality testing
* Experience using and interfacing to light measurement equipment.
* Experience developing image processing and image analysis
* Experience with MATLAB.
* Experience with LabVIEW, Python, JMP
* Electrical and Mechanical aptitude
* Must have good communication, reporting and presentation skills
* Can work independently with minimal supervision towards defined tasks and priorities within a team environment.
* Good organizational skills and capability managing multiple simultaneous tasks effectively.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Position is for an Optical Test Engineer to support development of optical test solutions. This position is within a highly skilled team of optical design and test engineers. The work is in a collaborative team environment and the ability to communicate well with other team members and to support overall team goals is crucial.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.