Do you have a passion for building Big Data platforms and delivering key insights and learning on those platforms? A desire to transform the BI ecosystem within Cloud + AI (C+AI) using Azure customer insights about Azure revenue, consumption, and influencers? What about working directly with engineering counterparts and finance and business teams across the company to regularly report to senior Microsoft leadership and make an impact on how products and services are developed, operationalized and monetized? The goal of the C+AI Intelligence Platform team is to champion a data forward culture, to enable the entire organization to make more informed decisions, and to gain insights about customers through data. As the volume of data and the demand for solutions grows, we need a strong and experienced software engineer who can design and develop Big Data platforms. We are a team who values diversity, collaboration, and learning from each other.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Systems, or related field.
* 5+ years of experience in design, coding, testing, and investigation of customer facing systems in C# and SQL.
* SQL, Spark, Hadoop ecosystem, ADF, or similar experience.
* 3+ years of development experience with cloud computing technologies.
* Excellent design and analytical skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence at scale.
* Technical know-how, ability to quickly adapt to new technology and go deep in new focus areas.
* Proven ability to drive and deliver features on time and with quality.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts.
* Attention to detail with self-discipline and a drive for results.
* Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations, across team boundaries, with a positive outlook, as a great teammate.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
As a senior member of the team, you will play a key role in technical communication, coordination, and alignment across product teams. You will partner with Program Managers and other teams across Microsoft to address complex issues, fully understand customer needs, and deliver solutions that exceed our customer's expectations. You will have the opportunity to perform in a technical lead role for projects, mentor junior engineers, and contribute to our processes and culture in such a way that is consistent with a premier engineering organization. You will design and develop key ingredients for Big Data applications using Spark and the Hadoop ecosystem, SQL, Azure Data Lake, Kusto as well as any new and emerging platforms. You will build different types of automated tests to ensure a high quality and compliant bar. You will monitor and respond to the smooth running of day-to-day operations.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.