Our team, part of the Customer Success Engineering org, is fanatically focused on customer love: quantifying it, deeply understanding it, democratizing it, and improving it. We turn customer satisfaction into a signal as clear and indispensable as usage or perf, develop deep insights on what drives it, and proactively engage customers to increase it. Our team puts some science behind customer love, enabling engineering teams to better understand their issues.
We are a combined engineering & Data Science team architecting the system that underpins these efforts, including a survey system, the backend storage where we blend in telemetry and other sources to augment the signal, ML models to pinpoint drivers and find correlations, and our proactive outreach platform that interfaces with support and enables us easily orchestrate campaigns to connect directly with customers in a personal way.
The ideal candidate will drive a team of engineers dedicated to understanding incoming survey signals and make actionable insights to drive customer satisfaction up; work across teams and organizations with broad scope and impact.
* 10+ years of experience designing, coding, and maintaining features for shipped software or services
* Fluency in C#, .NET, Azure, SQL, web services, modern web UX; System building / architects a plus
* Proficiency with big data and ML a plus
* BS/BA in computer science, or equivalent in related technical experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Opportunities and responsibilities include:
* Being one of the stewards for a key business metric
* Working as part of a results-oriented, data-driven team that embraces experimentation
* Collaborating with engineers, program managers and partner teams to deliver a set of features with the right overall design, architecture, implementation, and monitorability
* Building lasting systems understanding customer satisfaction and running proactive campaigns
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.