Raytheon's Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) provides advanced secure processing capability to an array of fighter jets including the F-16, F-35 and F-22. Supporting this business, as a Senior Software Engineer, the candidate will support F-16 Modular Mission Computer (MMC) family of airborne processor products. Raytheon provides secure booting, the low level infrastructure and services on the card, and an extensive array of Built in Test (BIT) capability. Positions exist in both the development of deployable mission software and in the development of critical test software used to test/verify the mission software.
The successful candidate will be involved in:
* Developing real time embedded software using an agile methodology and standard Raytheon processes.
* All phases of the software development life cycle and significant hands exposure to target and test hardware. In addition to the modification of the existing product line code base, there will be development of new software functionality/capabilities in order to meet specific product instantiation requirements.
* 4+ years of professional software development experience
* Real-time embedded software development experience
* 3+ years C/C++ programming experience
* Strong technical development, integration, and problem solving skills
* Experienced with product development utilizing standard software development processes
* Active secret security clearance
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* Prior low level software development experience (Operating System, Device Drivers, Built-In Test, HW/SW Interfaces)
* Experienced with product development utilizing the Scrum techniques of the agile software development process
* Experience with Real Time Operating System (RTOS) such as Green Hills or VxWorks
* Experience with National Instruments TestStand and LabWindows CVI
* Experience with secure processing
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Science or Engineering.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
130012BR 130012 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
TX - Dallas
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.