Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you want to work on cutting edge cloud technologies and transform service delivery with DevOps? Do you want to be part of the team that builds systems and services that helps improve employee experience and productivity? Do you have the engineering skills, attention to details and quality, passion for building cloud systems and services that delights our customers? Do you want to be part of a diverse, fast paced and highly technical team that takes pride in delivering value to our business customers on time with quality in an agile cadence?
If your answer is "YES" to all of them, congratulations! You are a prospective candidate for the Engineering team in Corporate Function Engineering (CFE) Organization.
As a DevOps engineer, you will be involved in designing, coding, testing. Deploying and supporting features that enable our mission critical business partners. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies (Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, Social, Security Software and services) while engineering for automated testing (in a TDD environment), Continuous Integration & Deployment as well as instrumenting telemetry that helps us monitor our service and helps diagnose and resolve issues quickly. You will work closely with peers across teams to help build flexible and high-performing components that enable next generation of business services.
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
* 6+ years of experience configuring / programming SAP HCM, Successfactors Employee central, On boarding and SAP cloud platform solutions.
* 3+ years end-to-end life cycle design and implementations of SuccessFactors Employee central and On boarding modules.
* Strong skills in designing and implementing SAP Successfactors Employee central and Onboarding
* Performance of system reviews and development of strategic roadmaps
* Conducting Business workshops, performing FIT/GAP analysis
* Portal/Dashboard Development - Power BI, Custom, SharePoint and Azure platforms is an added advantage
* Experience with any of the following testing: performance testing, security testing, privacy testing, accessibility testing, and localization / globalization testing.
* Experience with DevOps model.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form. #CSEO
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Detailed Job Responsibilities
* Design and develop large scale SAAS solutions using SAP Successfactors Employee central, On boarding and SAP Cloud platform
* Practice Agile+ software development by adding and leveraging Telemetry/Instrumentation to our components and services to drive decisions while executing in an agile cadence for engineering activities such as: designing, coding, configuring, testing, debugging and incident management
* Carry out quick technology "spikes" (or proofs of concepts, flighting) to create value in new features and service.
* Directly Responsible Individual (DRI) accountable for Live Site Services of the key business/service metrics in production to proactively resolve issues before they occur
* Adhere to and drive sound software engineering practices through design reviews, system design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data / telemetry to make decisions.
* Develop "best-in-class" engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable
* Pays utmost attention to quality right from the design phase, incorporating TDD practices, demonstrated ability to write bug-free code and are engineered for testability.
* Exposes test coverage issues, organizes and implements integration tests, and resolves problem areas
* Considers testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understands when their code is ready to be shared and delivered.
* Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders in order to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users
* Participate in external solutions with SaaS partners, including RFPs and incorporating Microsoft Engineering Standards.
* Strongly collaborate across CFE functions to reduce technical debit and act as SME to business partners.
* Collaborate effectively with other disciplines of the project team.
* Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs
* Applies coding patterns, best practices to meet standards and polices (Security, Privacy, SOX)
* Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.