Amazon Associates is the world's largest affiliate program. It's success has been built on a rich selection of websites and blogs, all creating original content relevant to products sold on Amazon. We are passionate about building scalable, well-designed software services, and strive to constantly improve our technical foundation and user experience.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Development Engineer to help us build the next generation of intelligent self-service advertising tools that allow brands to work with a wide range of Associates to drive sales. As an engineer, you'll have a direct impact on your customers by making it easy and efficient for these suppliers to advertise their brands and products, increase sales and improve the Amazon shopper experience.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about quality, consistency, maintainability, performance, security and all the other things that make great software great. She/he will own the design and implementation of major deliverables end-to-end. This position requires collaboration with fellow software engineers, UX designers, product managers, technical program managers, and partner teams, necessitating a comfort-level with ambiguity and a desire to create, iterate and improve. She/he will be someone who is a visionary leader, builder and operator and someone who cares passionately about being heavily involved in solving additional challenges such as fixing architectural deficiencies, innovating faster, developing junior engineers, etc.
As a Sr. Software Development Engineer, you will be expected to:
* Simplify processes and technologies while advocating a long-term view.
* Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
* Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
* Help establish technical standards and drive the overall technical architecture and engineering practices.
* Making significant contributions to the team roadmap and future planning.
* Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring junior engineers on advanced technical issues and helping manager guide the career growth of junior engineers.
* Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.