Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) comprises of Prime Now, Fresh, Ultra-Fast Fresh (UFF) offering, Restaurants and Whole Foods (WFM) operations. The team is looking to hire a Senior Manager to lead the Delivery Experience Enhancement Team. The role has worldwide (NA and EU) scope spanning across the upcoming UFF network, the rapidly expanding WFM Delivery network (250+ stores), Fresh (12 sites), and Prime Now (50+ sites). This candidate will also be leading and managing the relationship and strategy with F3 Builder Org, F3 Retail Business teams, LM tech teams, Ops Excellence team, GSF SCAR team while reshaping how customer experience in grocery and food delivery is enhanced. The initiatives that this candidate will lead would form the first of its kind in Amazon for on-road recovery, repick and proactive recovery systems. Additionally, they will be leading a team that will create the next generation of deep dive and performance metrics visibility tools for GSF. This leader will also lead the strategic initiative to improve profitability in the grocery business by reducing Concessions through quality improvement initiatives and driving policy changes in partnership with CS and F3 retail teams. This org comprises of small teams of program managers dedicated to each of the following problem spaces: first time delivery success, repick and recovery, cancellations, concessions, post order customer experience, and post order metrics. This role is fit for someone with a strong track record of delivering results, dealing with a wide ambiguous space and crafting out of box solutions that can be started small and scrappy but scaled up to meet scope of the GSF org. They need to be able to earn trust of and influence multiple retail and tech leaders. Specific leadership principles that they will need to be strong at Are Right, A Lot; Think Big; Earn Trust; and Hire and Develop the Best.
* Lead a team of Program Managers to innovate for continuous improvement in quality metrics across all GSF businesses
* Deliver on OP2 goals for Delivery Quality in Fresh, UFF, WFM, and Restaurants.
* Benchmark best practices both internally and externally to search for best-in-class operational solutions; challenge and alter current processes where needed
* Drive global standardization of processes and reporting
* Use metrics and true performance to help the delivery strategy, and Amazon Flex team in building program roadmaps and management mechanisms to drive prioritization of high impact projects and provide visibility to senior leadership
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
* High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
* Ability to think strategically and execute methodically on tactical projects
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is required
* Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
* Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
* Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.