At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
As a member of Threat Response you will help develop a culture where creativity, inclusion, and quality are key values. You'll work with the Threat Intelligence Team do identify, model and process data and data feeds for use by the Threat Intelligence Team. You will establish, maintain and deepen partnerships with the broader threat intelligence community relative to data processing and analysis, contributing to and benefiting from security defenders globally.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Work with the threat Intelligence Team to develop data processing requirements in support of threat intelligence team requirements
* Perform data modeling, landing and processing across disparate data sources and types
* Work with the data engineering teams in support of data collection, storage and maintenance of threat intelligence data
* Develop algorithms to aid analysts in identifying deception within the data or other indicators relevant to intelligence analysis
What You'll Need
* 5+ years of data engineering and analysis
* Experience in working with intelligence teams
* Experience in modeling and processing data from disparate data sources
* Expert level knowledge of current and new data technologies
* Understanding of machine learning processes and how they apply in an intelligence framework
* Knowledge of Python, R, Yara, Flink, TensorFlow
* Strong verbal and written communication skills used to present potentially sensitive threat intelligence to a wide variety of audiences
* Innovative thinking to solve hard problems in ways that meet both customer and business goals
* Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
About the Team
Uber's Threat Response team is responsible for detecting, investigating, and orchestrating the successful defense of threats targeting Uber's infrastructure, services, and millions of users globally.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.