Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout-you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our 'Just Walk Out' Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths' most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art and impacts the daily lives of our customers.
The Team: How often have you had an opportunity to be a member of a team that is solving a huge business problem through innovative design and technology? How would you feel about creating a customer experience that has never been seen before? If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a role on the Amazon Go team, building stores with the world's most advanced shopping technology.
The Role: As Program Manager, Store Development you are the glue bringing together cross-functional teams, to deliver the most innovative experience Amazon has undertaken. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work effectively in a highly collaborative, start-up environment as we develop this new class of customer experiences at Earth's most customer-centric company. Our ideal candidate is insanely talented, super detail-oriented, working back from core customer needs to plan and drive large-scale, multiplatform initiatives from conception and design to development and implementation. You consistently manage stakeholder expectations, schedules, budgets, assets and scopes because organization and attention to detail are in your DNA, and because an amazing product is made of those small details. You are obsessive about details, documentation and process, diving deep with your customers to uncover and pursue efficiency and opportunity. You will work closely with design, construction, facilities, engineering, product, tech teams and external partners to realize the customer-centric work Amazon is known for.
* Build and manage playbooks, processes and standards across cross-functional teams working towards a common goal specifically as it relates to design standards.
* Develop and manage process and programs to support continuous improvement.
* Collaborate and work effectively with Product Managers and multi-disciplinary technical teams to ensure common alignment on roles, standards and processes
* Manage multiple projects and effectively influence, negotiate, and serve as the liaison between internal parties and consultants.
* Build respect and credibility with individual contributors, stakeholders, management peers and executives.
* Introduce, develop, and ensure best practices and communicate quality expectations organizationally.
* Brainstorm and bring new ideas to streamline collaboration between internal and external teams.
* Innovate on behalf of your customer, identifying and building solutions to reduce labor hours in tasks and improve team efficiency.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.