At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
* Performs Requirements Development and Requirements Management in DOORS
* Coordinate with other engineers in Systems Engineering execution of cost, schedule, and technical baseline
* Perform Risk & Opportunity Management
* Ensure process alignment, support program achievement reviews and deep dives, and assist in development and implementation of division objectives
* Work closely with peers and managers of other engineering disciplines, program managers, and IPT leads
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be able to collaborate closely with electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
* Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of network engineering experience, OR Master's Degree in STEM and 3 years of engineering experience
* Minimum 5 years of combined experience in areas of systems engineering or related field
* Experience with Requirements Development and Requirements Management
* Experience with DOORS software
* An active in-scope Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain Special Program Access
* Master's degree in Systems Engineering or Electrical Engineering and 5 years of experience
* Knowledge of SE processes, demonstrated system ownership experience in requirements analysis, architecture development, integration, or verification
* Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
* Familiarity with sub-contract management, EVMS, and program planning
* Experience with DOORS software
* Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
* Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
* An active in-scope DoD Top Secret / SCI clearance with existing Special Program Access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.