Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Senior Principal Systems Engineer based out of El Segundo, CA.
Job duties involve performing enterprise system management and capability planning of the GPS III Position Navigation and Time transfer Determination capability; including the capability increments of GPS III backward compatibility, GPS III PNT solution, Fourth Civil Signal (L1C), GPS III Signal integrity and continuity, GPS III signal upgradeability, and GPS III external augmentation and net readiness.
This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customer approval.
* 9 years of related work experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM discipline, 7 years of related work experience with a Masters degree, 4 years of related work experience with a PhD
* Technical background in satellite system design, requirements development, and verification
* Demonstrated ability to develop and present technical material to senior management and customers
* Strong working knowledge in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Must be a self-starter, willingness to take initiative, be proactive, show leadership qualities and require minimal direction.
* Active DoD Secret clearance
* Experience in model based systems engineering or agile systems engineering
* Experience in cyber systems engineering
* Experience with requirements tools (i.e. DOORS) and system modeling tools (i.e. Artisan Studio, CORE, Rhapsody).
* Experience in developing satellite ground systems, in areas of telemetry, tracking, and commanding or mission management
* Experience working with software engineers, software tester, quality assurance, etc. on software development projects
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.