Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the "Healthiest Companies" in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite's philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer's Association to name a few.
We have been rated a "Fastest Growing Companies" by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
Senior Network Engineer to develop and maintain functional and secure networks. You will mentor a team of engineers to troubleshoot and optimize our networks for our users.
In this role, you should have excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network administration and architecture. If you' re also passionate about security and data protection, we'd like to meet you.
Your goal will be to establish networks that cater to customer needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
* Configure and install software, servers, routers and other network devices
* Monitor network performance and integrity
* Resolve issues tiers of support have escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
* Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
* Mentor team members on technical issues
* Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
* Communicate with users when needed
* Maintain complete technical documentation
* Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
* Industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer or Network Administrator
* Professional certification (e.g. CCNP, CCDP)
* Solid background in network administration and architecture
* In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
* Familiarity with access control models and network security
* Knowledge of coding languages for scripting (e.g Python, Perl)
* Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds network tools)
* Solid understanding of network operating systems (JUNOS, Cisco IOS)
* Sharp troubleshooting skills
* Ability to work independently
* Organizational and mentoring skills
* BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field CCNA
About Granite Telecommunications
Granite Telecommunications is a communications services provider for businesses with multiple locations.