How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
The SAS' (Space and Airborne Systems) IT Business Integration Directorate seeks a Senior Manager to lead the Digital Solutions team. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished Digital Transformation leader proficient in Data Analytics, Cloud, AR/VR and IoT. This leader will work closely with the application architects and functional leads within IT and business functions to plan, define, build and deploy various emerging technology solutions for the organization. Additionally, this leader will be the face of the data science team for internal business partners who shall foster collaborative environment, and ideate with the business units to develop a suite of scalable advanced analytics solutions.
* Further the culture of digital innovation with our business partners and within IT by delivering solutions with demonstrable value using SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) methodologies.
* Lead and develop a team of data and analytics professionals responsible for data acquisition and ownership across key business functions (Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain), along with deployment to business teams.
* Provide or facilitate provisioning of subject matter expertise in several of following analytic areas: machine learning, artificial intelligence, deep learning, recommendation engines, predictive modeling, web/app analytics, A/B testing, search algorithms, data visualization, natural language processing, and content analytics.
* Scope projects, ensure estimates, budgets and deadlines are established for milestone reporting and successful execution.
* Support the growth and development of direct reports.
* Own the IT Digital Solutions team budget, and perform accurate budgeting and forecasting across all functions.
Required Skills and Experience:
* 12+ years of experience in IT, engineering, management, and/or services management.
* 5+ years of experience in leading the development and delivery of Big Data, Data Warehousing, and Data Integration solutions with career progression into roles of increasing responsibility.
* 5+ year working with business information technologies such as Power BI, Microsoft SSRS/SSAS/SSIS suite and Tableau.
* 3+ years of experience in team management and leadership.
* The ability to clearly explain and discuss complex systems and analytical solutions within multiple levels of the organization (technical and non-technical) adapting to the audience.
* Excellent internal partner (including Executive level) and experience with external vendor management skills.
* Experience building service-oriented architectures and proficiency with distributed systems built on the cloud (AWS, Azure and Private Cloud).
* Knowledge and understanding of existing, new and emerging information technologies, and high scale data processing environments.
* Basic financial management knowledge
* Understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Desired Skills and Experience
* Experience in Aerospace/Defense Industry.
* Experience working in a cross functional and matrixed organization to build consensus and drive strategy and standards.
* Experience is leading and growing teams including hiring of key talent, managing performance goals, employee appraisals, career development and mentoring.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a STEM-related field and 12 years of relevant experience.
Master's degree is Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Business or related field and 10 years of relevant experience
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.