Additional Locations: US-MN-Arden Hills
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we're solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we're one global team committed to making a difference in people's lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose-improving lives through your life's work.
Senior Hadoop Developer - SAP Delivery Team
The emergence of big data is creating opportunities to develop platforms that turn big data into big insights with tremendous value. The Enterprise Data Hub (EDH) Developer is responsible for leading the development activities related to the data ingestion via batch, event-based or kafka topics, transformation, Solr indexing for REST service usage and consumption of data which may require significant and complex aggregation of data while maintain high-speed performance in the analytics layer (Tableau, SAS Reporting, etc.). The candidate must be highly skilled in architecting data structure for speed optimization, data results driven, customer focused, technologically savvy and skilled at building internal relationships.
* Serve as a senior contributing member to a team of IT professionals focused on big data technology, own technical project delivery, lead in implementations, communication of results to leadership, alignment of big data implementation patterns and techniques with IT strategy and architecture
* Provides technical leadership and expertise within the Hadoop environment using technologies such as HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Impala, ZooKeeper, Spark/Spark Streaming, Kafka, Kudu, Streamsets and other Big Data technologies
* Strong understanding of Hadoop, BI, ETL, and data warehousing
* Coding skills in Java, Python and Scala
* Deliver big data programs in a regulated environment
* Undergraduate degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field required
* MBA or related master's degree preferred
* Must have architected full lifecycle of data warehousing projects including ETL, Data Models and Business Intelligence tools
* Strong foundational knowledge and experience with distributed systems
* Development experience in Java, Scala, and Python
* Hands-on experience authoring SQL code
* Experience working with software development tools (e.g. Eclipse, Git, JIRA)
* Experience working with version control tools (e.g. SVN, GitHub, CVS)
* Experience working with CI/CD process with tools that includes Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills including oral, written, and listening skills
* Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and analytical skills
* Ability to work in a global, fast paced, self-directed, action-oriented environment
* Experience with data analytics is highly beneficial
* Experience in life science industry is highly beneficial
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you're looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there's no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 448574
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific provides medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world.