Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we're solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we're one global team committed to making a difference in people's lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose-improving lives through your life's work.
About the role:
Our Research and Development team is all about building the future of the operating room for urologists. As the industry leader in surgical kidney stone treatment, we are on a mission to empower surgeons to treat more cases, more efficiently, with better outcomes - to help patients in need get back to their daily lives. As a Principal R&D Systems Engineer, you'll be at the heart of that mission, developing best-in-class capital systems and system-of-systems as part of our comprehensive portfolio of solutions. In return for your unique combination of big-picture perspective, ability to execute rigorously, and strong desire to win in the marketplace you'll be a trusted leader collaborating with some of most dynamic minds in the business. All in an environment that encourages people to take measured risks, learn from mistakes, and push the boundaries of engineering.
Your responsibilities include:
* Providing technical leadership and oversight of diverse, distributed teams of engineers in development of complex electronic systems and software from concept to release.
* Translating customer unmet needs into actionable user and system technical requirements, supporting platform architectures, and associated project execution plans.
* Coaching a driven team of engineers and technicians, ensuring they have the skills, tools and opportunities needed continuously raise the bar on team performance.
* Collaborating with cross-functional experts in a wide range of fields to solve complex engineering and business challenges.
* Translating highly technical results into easily understood recommendations that will influence senior stakeholders.
* Managing third party designers, suppliers, and contract manufacturers to deliver high quality engineering solutions at an accelerated pace
What we're looking for in you
* 7+ years product development in lead roles, preferably in a regulated industry.
* Electrical or Computer Engineering degree or equivalent with systems engineering experience. Bachelors required, Masters preferred.
* Complex electronic systems design and project leadership experience required.
* Relentless focus on delivering high-quality results for the customer and business.
* Passion for understanding and solving problems for end users. Systems engineering mindset, able to articulate customer needs and translate into product requirements and holistic technical solutions.
* Track record of strong cross-functional collaboration, influence without authority, and project management enabling highly effective project teams.
* Proven self-starter who runs towards critical issues, ambiguous requirements, or loosely defined challenges with a demonstrated ability to rally teams to achieve business results.
* Experience with Design for X (X = reliability, manufacturability, service, cost, etc.) or related methodologies to deliver end-to-end solutions.
* Hands-on experience managing suppliers and/or contract manufacturers.
* Requirements decomposition, writing, management, verification, and validation.
* System performance modeling, simulation, and test.
* Skilled problem solver, proficient with electronics lab equipment and versed in problem solving methodologies (i.e. Shainin, DOE, etc.).
* Embedded programming experience including MCUs and/or FPGAs (C, C++, Verilog/VHDL,etc.) or software development experience a plus.
* Medical imaging, direct visualization, or image processing experience a plus.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you're looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there's no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 446363
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific provides medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world.