The Sr. Director of Global Escalations is responsible for building and managing a global team of technical experts focused on resolving highly complex and long-running support tickets raised by Databricks customers. The Sr. Director will ensure that the global team is effectively trained and consistently following established processes that will result in timely resolution of issues and a high degree of customer satisfaction.
* Build and manage a 24x7 escalations team
* Define processes for end-to-end resolution of escalated cases
* Establish training plans and subject matter expertise within the escalations organization
* Ensure that escalations are effectively tracked and status is communicated to internal and external stakeholders, while establishing cross-functional collaboration to manage and resolve action items.
* Lead escalations team in handling complex and escalated customer issues
* Develop, own, and drive action plan for escalations, serving as the central point of contact until full resolution of issues
* Collaborate across support, engineering, product and customer success teams to remove blockers, address inefficiencies, and ensure timely resolution of escalated issues
* Manage escalated customer issues around the clock, including weekends and holidays when necessary
* Monitor, review and report on escalations to customer success leadership, making recommendations for continuous improvement of product and processes
* Develop training plans and identify/build subject matter experts within the organization
* Develop and contribute to technical troubleshooting documents, best practices and other knowledge articles for internal and external use
* Build processes that allow the escalations team to scale to 5x growth
* 5+ years of technical support, field or application engineering experience in big data technologies and platforms like Spark, Hadoop, Data Science, etc
* 3+ years in a customer-facing role managing backline or escalation resources
* Experience in supporting cloud based technologies
* Programming experience in Scala, Java, Python and/or C++
* Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Excellent customer facing, verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work global hours including weekends and holidays as needed
* A team player with strong desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success
* B.S in Computer Science or other equivalent technology required (M.S preferred)
* Medical, dental, vision
* 401k Retirement Plan
* Unlimited Paid Time Off
* Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, and drinks
* Gym reimbursement
* Employee referral bonus program
* Awesome coworkers
* Maternity and paternity plans
Databricks' mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Salesforce, Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
Databricks is a company developing a unified data analytics platform.