In recent years, enterprises large and small have witnessed an explosion of business-critical data. At Databricks we're building a cloud-centric unified analytics platform based on Apache Spark that lets customers curate, query and derive crucial insights from their data to drive their business.
Our team drives state-of-the-art, open source Delta Lake project bringing reliable, scalable, ACID transactions to Apache Spark and other Big Data engines. Our mission is to deliver a robust and performant engine that enables users to build reliable data pipelines that ingest massive data volumes, optimize data layout, generate metadata and evolve data schemas all while guaranteeing transactional correctness and high query performance.
You have the opportunity to join us and solve the infrastructure and data management problems of enterprises as they transition from on-prem data centers to the future of the cloud.
* Build the core features that make Delta Lake the world's best Big Data storage abstraction in terms of performance, stability, security and scalability.
* Work with our excellent product managers to understand and solve the infrastructure, security and data management needs of our customers.
* Develop well-tested production-ready software that can handle the large volume of data and the unique scalability requirements of the biggest enterprises.
* Be a thought leader in the data infrastructure industry.
* Experience with distributed systems, databases, and big data systems.
* Excellent problem analysis and solving skills.
* Excellent communication and teamwork.
* Strong foundation in algorithms and data structures and their real-world use cases.
* Experience with JVM or lower-level programming languages for systems programming.
* Experience with public cloud APIs preferred
* Passion for developing amazing customer experiences.
* BS in Computer Science, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Medical, dental, vision
* 401k Retirement Plan
* Unlimited Paid Time Off
* Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, and drinks
* Gym reimbursement
* Employee referral bonus program
* Awesome coworkers
* Maternity and paternity plans
Databricks' mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
Databricks is a company developing a unified data analytics platform.