At Intellia, we are revolutionizing medicine by harnessing the power of genome editing to develop potential cures. We bring new hope for people living with conditions including cancer, genetic disorders, viral infections, inflammatory disorders and many more.
The development of CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing technology opens a new frontier in biomedical research and clinical intervention. Adapted from a natural cellular process, CRISPR/Cas9 permits the editing of any gene in any organism with unprecedented simplicity and flexibility. Intellia was founded in 2014 by Caribou Biosciences and Atlas Venture, along with a consortium of leading scientists who have helped define the space. Intellia Therapeutics holds exclusive access to a broad intellectual property portfolio covering the application of CRISPR/Cas9 technology for human therapeutic use.
Intellia Therapeutics is seeking a computational biologist/bioinformatician to support the development of CRISPR/Cas9 based therapeutics. This position is an opportunity to contribute to diverse aspects of Intellia's bioinformatics platform from building pipelines for processing NGS data to analyzing downstream data.
* Develop and support NGS pipelines using commonly utilized tools (BWA, bowtie, samtools, etc.)
* Apply rigorous statistical methods for testing hypotheses on processed data
* Familiar with SQL and the use of relational databases
* Work with scientists to develop computational methods and tools to support new assays and implement data analyses
* Create scientifically rigorous visualizations, communications, and presentations of results
* Demonstrated ability to write elegant code in R, Python, Perl, or C++
* Familiarity with Linux and shell scripting/bash
* Experience processing and analyzing biological data, specifically sequencing data
* Ability to translate user requirements into analysis pipelines or tools
* Proven ability to work effectively within a team and with non-computational collaborators
* Strong communication and time management skills
* Experience with software development in a cloud environment (AWS) is a plus.
* BS/MS in Bioinformatics or related field with at least 5 years of industry experience or Ph.D. in Computational Biology/Bioinformatics or related field with 2+ years of industry experience
What Intellia Stands For?
At Intellia, our mission is to develop potentially curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threating diseases.
We push boundaries. We are focused on positively disrupting health care treatment of patients with genomic diseases. The values we live by and drivers we look for are:
* One is respect for individuals; our unique qualities and strengths; our own ways to understand, learn and improve. One is our single-minded determination to excel; to succeed together. One is you and us - trusting and counting on every single one of us.
* Explore because we seek new ways to tackle disease. Explore with unbounded minds…free from assumptions, open to ideas. Explore by staying curious, by pushing boundaries, overcoming obstacles. Explore means thinking of new ways.
* Disrupt by thinking courageously…and creating a better future. Disrupt by defying conformity; interrogating the status quo; questioning our momentum. Disrupt with challenging thoughts…with that breed of skepticism that shows you have better solutions.
* Deliver with your focus on the objective and your determination to complete the task. Deliver by advancing relentlessly and by maintaining high standards…even when nobody is watching. Deliver by staying accountable and pulling your weight. Deliver because patients are counting on us to make the promise reality. Get it done.
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
About Intellia Therapeutics
Intellia is developing therapeutic products to help people with genetic diseases.