At Intellia, we are revolutionizing medicine by harnessing the power of genome editing to develop potential cures. We bring new hope for people living with conditions including cancer, genetic disorders, viral infections, inflammatory disorders and many more.
Intellia Therapeutics is seeking a Software/DevOps Engineer to deliver services in support of scientific efforts to develop CRISPR/Cas9 based therapeutics. In this role we seek a forward-looking individual with a stake in owning the design, security and implementation of Intellia's cloud strategy. While facilitating the progress of cutting-edge science, this is also an opportunity to implement cutting-edge industry practices in cloud, data, and microservice engineering.
* Design and implement best security practices for cloud network, compute and storage services * Design, implement and maintain backend software services of Intellia's Informatics Portal * Build out monitoring capabilities of services to leverage for performance optimization, auditing and increase user engagement * Collaborate with scientific stake holders to create or modify requirements defining software services delivered * Communicate with Informatics and IT teams to achieve collective understanding of cloud operations practices
* Previous experience with AWS services for Compute, Storage, Networking, Database and Security using CLI/SDKs * Deep knowledge of Python web micro-frameworks (e.g. Flask, Falcon, Sanic) * Hands on experience creating, configuring, deploying and securing containerized services (Docker, Kubernetes) * Solid theoretical background in data structures, algorithms, design patterns, normal forms * Demonstrated understanding of the fundamentals of network architecture * Experience with shell scripting in Linux and Windows environments * Ability to provision infrastructure using Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef or CloudFormation * Ability to learn and apply new technologies
* RDBMS development and administrative experience * Keen interest in the benefits of cloud native principles * Experience working in regulated IT environments
* BS/MS in Computer Science or related field with 5 years of industry experience
What Intellia Stands For?
At Intellia, our mission is to develop potentially curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threating diseases.
We push boundaries. We are focused on positively disrupting health care treatment of patients with genomic diseases. The values we live by and drivers we look for are:
* One is respect for individuals; our unique qualities and strengths; our own ways to understand, learn and improve. One is our single-minded determination to excel; to succeed together. One is you and us - trusting and counting on every single one of us. * Explore because we seek new ways to tackle disease. Explore with unbounded minds…free from assumptions, open to ideas. Explore by staying curious, by pushing boundaries, overcoming obstacles. Explore means thinking of new ways. * Disrupt by thinking courageously…and creating a better future. Disrupt by defying conformity; interrogating the status quo; questioning our momentum. Disrupt with challenging thoughts…with that breed of skepticism that shows you have better solutions. * Deliver with your focus on the objective and your determination to complete the task. Deliver by advancing relentlessly and by maintaining high standards…even when nobody is watching. Deliver by staying accountable and pulling your weight. Deliver because patients are counting on us to make the promise reality. Get it done.
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
About Intellia Therapeutics, Inc.
Intellia is developing therapeutic products to help people with genetic diseases.