Microsoft continues to expand its efforts in artificial intelligence with a focus on building an Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge. The Artificial Intelligence and Research (AI+R) division is chartered with ensuring that Microsoft remains at the forefront of AI technologies.
In the autonomous systems team, we are applying our best AI research and engineering capabilities to resolve challenging, real-world customer problems. While there has been a lot of progress in the areas of languages and perception in the field of artificial intelligence, we are only starting to scratch the surface in other areas like autonomous systems (drones, robots, etc.).
Our vision is to lead the autonomous systems tidal wave, empowering intelligence within drones, robots, industrial control systems, and more. Our cloud-based solution uses machine teaching and reinforcement learning techniques. If you are looking to join a team that is on the cutting edge of AI and in a quickly growing market segment with the potential to be the next billion dollar business, this may be the opportunity you're looking for.
This is a new business area and team members will have an opportunity to work closely with early customers as we define the product, refine its features, and generalize it to support many vertical industries.
We are looking for a curious and driven teammate who is ready to work directly with our customers to solve meaningful problems by leveraging reinforcement learning and applying their existing machine learning and engineering experience.
Even if you do not have previous Reinforcement Learning experience, specifically, this will be a great learning opportunity in a fun-filled and driven team where you will get to work with experts in MSR and product teams across Azure to realize our vision.
* Master's degree or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (CompSci, Engineering, Physics, etc.)
* 3+ years of professional software engineering and/or data science experience
* 3+ years of demontrated use of machine learning and/or reinforcement learning techniques
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Working with customers to formulate and deliver reinforcement learning solutions to their problems.
* Learning the customers' processes, goals, and expectations- by listening, asking questions, and guiding the conversation.
* Assisting with or performing training and onboarding sessions, transferring our expertise and best practices to our customers.
* As necessary, working with customers to connect and optimize their own simulations/models, and to overcome integration or deployment challenges.
* Providing technical leadership in a pre-sales and post-sales capacity to support successful understanding, evaluation, design, implementation, and deployment of solutions.
* Working closely with our sister teams and research to ensure we build a cohesive product that delights our customers and makes a difference in the market.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.